On deck?

While reading one book do you have the next book you are going to read 'on deck' ready to grab? Or do you wait until you are done and then determine what gets opened next? I try to have one lined up but sometimes I finish one quicker than expected.

This topic was edited
RE:On deck?

It varies. I listen to audiobooks during my commute to work, and it's hard to predict when they will finish. For those, I keep two or three on the player in addition to the one I'm listening to. For others, I have a shelf of "to be read" books at home, so when I finish one I go over to the shelf and see what tickles my fancy at the moment. I've also got a bunch of unread books on the Kindle, and for those I mostly read them in the order I bought them although I try to switch genres a bit from book to book.

This post was edited

I usually have 5 or 6 books "On Deck" and when I see my stack dwindling to just a couple, I am out at all the usual haunts where I buy used books. Sometimes if it's something I really want to read I will go to Barnes and Noble and actually buy new ones!! lol

This post was edited

I've had a life-long bad habit of buying more books than I have time to read right now, so my pile of books I intend to read "this afternoon" is pretty high and extends all throughout the house. "So many books; so little time."

Not as likely to be distracted though when reading naked: because I'd have to put clothes on before I can go to the grocery store!

This post was edited

I'm one of those people who will read multiple books at one time. If there's one I want to start as soon as possible I put it into the rotation.

This post was edited