Enjoying the body that I now have...

There is no greater feeling than being comfortable in my own skin, even at this age. Strange that when younger and more fit, I was a bit concerned about body image. Now that I have more time under me, I'm quite happy with the body I have...wrinkles, bulges and all. Mind you, I do try to keep fit as best I can with running and diet but in the end, today, this is who I am.

Stay nude, my friends!
Peace...

This topic was edited
RE:Enjoying the body that I now have...

Great way to be. We accept what we have and get on with our own happiness to share with others.

This post was edited

Thanks Frank. We all have aches and pains both physical and mental but we have to keep going so may as well enjoy it all

This post was edited

Well it's the only body I have, fat tummy, aches and pains included. I really enjoy my nudity and being seen naked. Why worry about body image at age 72? Why worry about what people think about anything? It's my second childhood, carefree this time.

This post was edited

I think maybe at 50+ we accept what we have and who we are a little better, I know I do. While I'm fitter now than in my 40's, some of my motivation for getting fitter was due to a health issue a year ago. Some of the flaws are just things gained along the way. Probably more a maturity thing and often in our 50's any kids we have are now doing their own thing so I think that's part of it.

This post was edited

Actually being a nudist, going to a CO beach and observing others is part of acceptance also. It's made me think I'm OK, not perfect but OK, acceptable and somewhere in the middle of the bell curve. Less concerned about where on the bell curve and I think CO beaches have helped me with that. I posted a comment on another thread about nude swimming at the Y and how that helped lots be more accepting of themselves and public nudity does that I think.

This post was edited

I have definitely changed my attitudes towards body image both my own and others. I am now able to be OK with my not-ideal body and see the inherent beauty in others.

Being in a nudist environment helps see yourself in a better light and lets you feel more comfortable in your skin.

This post was edited

I like the bit about my body working best when I'm nude. There is absolutely no point in worrying about what I look like. I only know I look best naked (or so I think). At over 70 my body is getting a bit cranky but I enjoy what I have. There are two big advantages in getting old: (1) Others think I'm past it so not a threat to anybody - I can get away with all sorts of comments and actions which could cause problems for a younger man; and (2) Everyone my age and younger looks good - as I get older more and more people look good, naked or clothed.

This post was edited

There was a time when I was more modest because I began carrying excess weight.
Now I don't care.
I didn't lose any weight, just some inhibitions.

This post was edited

I agree. I'm fitter and feel better than in my 20s and 30s. Some of it is simply that I've come to accept my body, but also my stamina and strength have improved through better diet and exercise.

This post was edited

I have never been an over confident person, but what I did realize at a very young age was when I was nude I felt a total freedom. I have scars on the outside as well as on the inside of my past and I have been able to feel very confident as a nudist through my life. Being a nudist is for me being comfortable in my own skin and who I am, and knowing that I am not trying to impress anyone.
Be comfortable with who you are, and look past any flaws.

This post was edited