August 21, 2017 Solar Eclipse in the US

Anyone have any plans to view from a location in the total eclipse zone?

This topic was edited
RE:August 21, 2017 Solar Eclipse in the US

I have no intentions of going out of my way to see a shadow on the ground. I have seen eclipses before and they are not such a big deal to me anymore. If it can be seen from my area, even if a partial, I may go out to take a look, but I am not making an effort to travel somewhere for a few minutes event. I have a welding hood with a shade ten lens that works fine for viewing an eclipse without worry of eye damage.

This post was edited

Was out watching the last full eclipse, it's neat, every hole in the tree leaf canopy, every nail hole in a shed roof, or a hole in a paper held up, casts an arc shadow. And as it reaches full coverage it's only the circle of corona visible in the shadow. While I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, I do happen to live inside the full eclipse zone, so I hope it's not cloudy that day so I can enjoy it again.

This post was edited

We looked into heading to Nashville for the weekend to visit with friends, but at $2500 for the two of us to fly and another $800 to stay for the weekend it was just more than we wanted to spend for just three nights, so we are going to St. Louis instead for 1/3 the cost. On Monday we will drive 1/2 hour or so south to the suburbs that lie within the moon's shadow for a good view of the total eclipse. Still trying to talk Mrs. J&C into going to the nude B&B right in that southern suburb area we are heading to (Chateau De Vin Nue) for the weekend or at least for the viewing on Monday. We've never been to St. Louis, so we have the weekend to play tourist and then Monday for the eclipse (hopefully nude).

This post was edited