RE: Decent Exposure

I have a difficult time believing that the nude human body is indecent.

A few years ago some friends and I were canuding in a park in Florida. During the trip while we were stopped for lunch we were approached by a Park Ranger. He told us to stay where we were while he contacted his supervisor. Another ranger showed up and most of us were given written warning because being nude in the park was a violation of park regulations. Three of my friends were actually cited but when they went to make their court appearance they were told that the citations against them were not on file with the court so that ended that.

Just last February some friends of mine and I were nude on a public beach. The police came and took our names and addresses. One of the members of our group was subsequently arrested but the DA finally dropped the charges against him.

In many states nudity without lewd and lascivious behavior is not illegal.

The nice thing about the community I live in is that it is clothing optional so as long as the weather is good my neighbors and I can go around nude and enjoy feeling the warm sun and fresh air all over our bodies. Much better than wrapping ourselves in sweat soaked pieces of cloth.

This post was edited

I see where you are coming from; but, as stated above, there has to be some modicum of pushing at some point to make certain that there is progress in the direction that is favorable to us. The converse to the situation that occurred is that Davis promptly responds and clothes himself. Wouldn't him listening give credence to those that say he is in the wrong? Wouldn't him listening send the message he thought he was in the wrong?
Not when he filed suit ( symbolically, I would hope ) about his constitutionally protected right to POLITICAL free speech and peaceful assembly !
Woody DID say they were campaigning for POLITICAL office, and liberal courts have interpreted free speech to mean free expression in any form.
On THAT basis I would be technically forced to support George Davis *in this case.* I'd suspect that this might be the real reason the prosecutor declined to prosecute.
However, it remains that while pushing limits is a viable means to an end, and I've penned some ideas on these very forums, direct assault on the morals of society, be they right, or wrong, will not win many friends, and especially none in the context we need, IMHO.
As you say, "in the direction that is favorable to us." IMHO CheriDonna ( a member here ) has and does that publicly by accident more than I believe George Davis ever will on purpose, as long as he remains confrontational.
Remember the mind set of those we wish to win over, not our own somewhat biased opinions.
They are wrong, but coax, not cajole, nor force. Make them believe they came to our conclusions on their own, even though they did not.
A technical victory may win the battle, at the sacrifice of the whole war. I'd rather sacrifice a battle, but win the war.

This post was edited

I have no idea who G Davis is in this case either but - as one who has 'stood up and been counted' several times in the past I applaud your actions guys. As long as you know the law, remain within it and are polite, non-aggressive but stand firm upon the law you will always prevail.

Love n stuff
Rudie x

This post was edited

I have no idea who G Davis is in this case either but - as one who has 'stood up and been counted' several times in the past I applaud your actions guys. As long as you know the law, remain within it and are polite, non-aggressive but stand firm upon the law you will always prevail. Love n stuff Rudie x
Well said Rudie!

This post was edited

I have been trying to tell people for years that simple nudity is NOT illegal in california. I get out and get naked every chance I get, I DO get looks but that is to be expected. Im not ballsy enough to do it on the downtown streets of my small town, but at the river the lakes the trails the campgrounds and at home, we represent for the naked truth!

Berkeley, CA does have an anti-nudity law enacted after a student (Andrew Martinez is someone who was foul-mouthed and rude any way) wouldn't clothe himself. Sometimes this is what happens when you tri to push the envelope. Each situation is different

This post was edited

(Andrew Martinez is someone who was foul-mouthed and rude any way)

Where ever did you get that information?

This post was edited

I see where you are coming from; but, as stated above, there has to be some modicum of pushing at some point to make certain that there is progress in the direction that is favorable to us. The converse to the situation that occurred is that Davis promptly responds and clothes himself. Wouldn't him listening give credence to those that say he is in the wrong? Wouldn't him listening send the message he thought he was in the wrong?
Not when he filed suit ( symbolically, I would hope ) about his constitutionally protected right to POLITICAL free speech and peaceful assembly !
Woody DID say they were campaigning for POLITICAL office, and liberal courts have interpreted free speech to mean free expression in any form.
On THAT basis I would be technically forced to support George Davis *in this case.* I'd suspect that this might be the real reason the prosecutor declined to prosecute.
However, it remains that while pushing limits is a viable means to an end, and I've penned some ideas on these very forums, direct assault on the morals of society, be they right, or wrong, will not win many friends, and especially none in the context we need, IMHO.
As you say, "in the direction that is favorable to us." IMHO CheriDonna ( a member here ) has and does that publicly by accident more than I believe George Davis ever will on purpose, as long as he remains confrontational.
Remember the mind set of those we wish to win over, not our own somewhat biased opinions.
They are wrong, but coax, not cajole, nor force. Make them believe they came to our conclusions on their own, even though they did not.
A technical victory may win the battle, at the sacrifice of the whole war. I'd rather sacrifice a battle, but win the war.
And in a 100-150 years things might change. As long as people can stay in their own little comfort zones, they will. Only when people get used to seeing naked people, and realizing nothing terrible happens when you see naked people, will there be acceptance. The whole don't rock the boat mentality NEVER accomplishes anything.

This post was edited

from an in-person meeting a couple of years before his death. He was invited to speak at a naturist meeting

This post was edited