Transgender rest and locker rooms

The topic was in the news again today. I personally think this is an issue that the government need not get into and my suggestion is that if you have a penis, you use the men's. All of us have nipples, all of us have areolas, and some of us have breasts as well as a penis. With the design of most U.S. restrooms, privacy is not an issue because of individual stalls with doors. Any other thoughts?

This topic was edited
RE:Transgender rest and locker rooms

The problem is, you would not always know if a real woman was using the male restroom, because some trans genders are more beautiful than many of the real women you see in everyday life. Then again you have some men with breast implants and makeup, but are still quite clearly male, however much they try to hide their real gender.

The solution would be, for ugly ones to use male restrooms and pretty ones use female restrooms. This would avoid confusion with real women going into the men's room.

This post was edited

I realize that you are making an attempt at humor.

Real women frequently use the men's restroom when the line for the women's is too long. Attractiveness is certainly not the issue. The real issue is a law that requires a person to use the restroom that would be appropriate for the sex at birth, not the sex at the time and does not consider transformation. Another thought is that a transgendered person would not likely be shocked by the sight of a penis.

This post was edited

I just gotta go! I really don't care who's in the restroom, bathroom, toilet, WC - whatever you care to call it. For me it's not a social place. I just gotta go!

This post was edited

I doubt there are many laws regarding who uses which restroom, and obviously there is no enforcement if there were any. Those who propose various solutions to what up until now has been a non-problem never offer any suggestions about who should enforce their new rules. Should we have some government official at the door of each public restroom? If so, exactly what would he or she do? Would users have to show their birth certificate, or crotch, or perhaps some government issued certificate of gender? Would entry be barred if the proper documentation is not produced? This whole issue is incredibly stupid. Is this a big problem somewhere? Methinks that some people don't have enough to worry about.

This post was edited

The long-term solution would obviously be to retrofit, or if a new building, install multiple, separate stalls/rooms completely isolated from each other with lockable doors and available to anyone much like Porta-Potties outdoors. A more expensive alternative and space intensive, but would solve all the aforementioned problems. Who wants to share a restroom with anyone else anyway?

Ditto

This post was edited

"Maybe the real solution is to stop electing stupid lawmakers".

This has to be one of the most intelligent things I have ever seen written on this forum. It would solve so many problems if everyone on both sides of the political spectrum would follow this very sage advice.

Thank you for your wisdom!

This post was edited

Maybe the real solution is to stop electing stupid lawmakers.

The big problem with that idea is, that is usually the only option on the ballot. You just have to try and choose the lesser of two evils, and even then it is a compromise.

This post was edited

I just gotta go! I really don't care who's in the restroom, bathroom, toilet, WC - whatever you care to call it. For me it's not a social place. I just gotta go!

Yup, when I gotta go anyone w ho blocks the door is gonna wind up with wet shoes!!

This post was edited

ManOfWicklo, who decides who is ugly or pretty?

This post was edited

ManOfWicklo, who decides who is ugly or pretty?

This post was edited