Deleting an account

How?

This topic was edited
RE:Deleting an account

Well, the site owners certainly don't make it easy to find this information but after some wandering around I found the steps for you:

- In the upper right hand corner of your screen, click on your username
- select "Account Settings"
- You will see the title "My Profile" and to the right are several tabs
- Click on the "Account" tab
- On the bottom of the screen in small letters you will see "I would like to close my account" in faint, grey text
- I haven't actually clicked on it ... yet ... but hopefully that will do the trick

No wonder no one ever closes their account.

This post was edited

I tried deleting my account some years back. I thought it was deleted then I tried to get back on the site and my profile was still there.

This post was edited

I tried deleting my account some years back. I thought it was deleted then I tried to get back on the site and my profile was still there.

It appears nothing ever really gets deleted from this site, including media. I have a running test going. I uploaded a photo to my profile, waited for it to be approved, then "deleted" it. While the link from my profile to the photo on the media server was deleted, the photo itself still resides on the media server and is accessible. It's been several months. Word of warning: Anything you post to this site remains forever. Even after you "deleted" it.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited