Process to Petition for Public Nude Facilities

I saw this poll on NudistStop.com and wondered how people here feel about it.
Should citizens have a process to petition government for public nude recreation facilities?
I am curious, if you think this is a reasonable idea, how might it be accomplished? Alternatively, if you think it is a bad idea, why do you think so?

This topic was edited
RE: Process to Petition for Public Nude Facilities

spi i think its a great idea but would take a lot of nudist or pro nudist, how to start don't have a clue but one resource would be SFFB south florida free beaches, the group thatwas responsible inhaulover beachbecoming anude beach. they have a great site - google it maybe they can offer suggestions.

This post was edited

Thanks gabare for your reply. Re: SFFB - that is a great idea. In fact I think it would be critical to get as many free beach communities and their "mayors" involved in any effort to try and think something like this through and if warranted try to put some organizational effort behind it.

This post was edited

Already exists !!
Gather up your signatures, and take 'em to a council meeting.
It'll start the discussion, especially when you have a significant number of constituents already signed.

This post was edited

Already exists !!Gather up your signatures, and take 'em to a council meeting.It'll start the discussion, especially when you have a significant number of constituents already signed.
Certainly an integral part of the process, but likely only part of the process.

This post was edited

Councills are driven by two things Votes and Revenue.
Please do not underestimate the travelling nudist - How many Europeans/Non USA are coming to the States every year? Would nudist beaches bring them to your area? Most definitely yes.

This post was edited

Already exists !!Gather up your signatures, and take 'em to a council meeting.It'll start the discussion, especially when you have a significant number of constituents already signed.
Certainly an integral part of the process, but likely only part of the process.
Probably more of the process than you realize !
I know of a Florida case, where someone had petitioned council to outlaw nudism
The story goes that word went out that all nudists were to pay for any and everything in cash, using only $2 bills. ( since they are legal tender, but still unusual )
The story goes further that the MERCHANTS went to council en-mass, and demanded that nudism NOT be outlawed !
Anyone can petition council for any thing. Council then decides. If you disagree, then there is a long and arduous process to get the issue on a public ballot, which is about the only thing that can over-rule council.
Simply bringing a petition to council is easy, and quite effective, normally. Any resident of that jurisdiction can simply show up at a council meeting and say anything they like when public comment is called for. How, and what, and in what language, will be everything at that point.
If you're serious, go to a council meeting. During public comment, tell them you have an idea, proven elsewhere, that will bring in revenue. ( always an attention getter ) They will ( unless they're dead ) be curious. Ask them what the local procedure is to bring it up. They will likely ask you what your idea is, and *if* you tell them, express their opinion immediately, so you'll know what you're up against, but will be obligated to tell you what the local procedure is, or whom to ask ( legal department, whatever ) to find out. Personally, I wouldn't tell them the idea yet, until after they tell you the local procedure, which can vary by jurisdiction. You may be dismissed as a crack-pot, unless you take 15 or 20 people with you, and a handful of already signed petitions.
Good luck !

This post was edited

The economic impact would be significant to any area that did create c/o beaches. There is information available from SFFB that state this. Already people flock to SC for golf from all over. I just wish my communication with some of the legislators has been more positive regarding creating c/o beaches.

We need people to take a stand and perhaps a petition to the state Parks & Recreation Commission would work, but I have found nudists for the most part do not want their names and addresses going on petition to the government.

This post was edited

How could it be considered a bad idea? It doesn't automatically grant the requests, right? People should be able to request something they want in a free society.

This post was edited

We need people to take a stand and perhaps a petition to the state Parks & Recreation Commission would work, but I have found nudists for the most part do not want their names and addresses going on petition to the government.
LOL- I can identify with that, but probably not for the "average" reason.

This post was edited