Metal Detectors

Last weekend, I put on my head rings and went out to a night club. I didn't think they'd metal-detect me. They used the wand kind and it didn't go off. I thought to myself that next time I go to a club, I better have my rings in my pocket and put them on inside just in case. Then last week, I went to a show at a fine arts venue and, again, they had metal detectors set up but this time it was a walk-though kind. I thought, "Oh no, my rings are on." but I walked through and they didn't set it off either.

I'm wondering if my jewelry ever could set off any sort of metal detector and if it has every happened to anyone. I don't know if it's a matter of what my jewelry is made of or if the metal detectors used are set to a low sensitivity level, etc. Has anyone ever set off a metal detector with their dick jewelry and had to explain it to security??

This topic was edited
RE:Metal Detectors

It will depend on the material that your accessory is produced! Nickel? Steel? Crude iron?

This post was edited

Crude iron? I bet that will rust quickly!

Later,

This post was edited

Titanium and I do not set off metal detectors at the airport. It will show in a body scan.

This post was edited

Ferrous metals are the ones that usually set off the detectors. Mine mostly show on the body scans. It's not a hassle if it trips the sensors. It's just the reality of safe traveling.
Wes

This post was edited

I do a lot of air travel. My PA, scrotum sleeper and nipple rings are all surgical steel. but I set off the metal detector roughly one time in two.

This post was edited

My nipple rings are surgical steel and apparently set off airport security detection devices.
I've been pulled over a couple times for additional scan of that body part area.

This post was edited

Would you share with us what gauge and what diameter your rings are?

Thanks,

This post was edited

Would you share with us what gauge and what diameter your rings are?Thanks,

My PA ring is 6 gauge (4mm) by 20 mm. My scrotum dumbbell is 8 gauge (3mm) by 20 mm long with 6mm balls. Other jewellery (4 through nipples and another 2 genital) are thin -14 gauge with 4mm balls. All are surgical steel. As I said I'm a frequent flyer and they set off airport security about one time in two.

This post was edited

I've never had my PA set off a metal detector and I wear it all the time - flying, municipal buildings (with metal detectors at entrances), never an issue. Surprised to hear others have experienced issues if theirs are stainless.

This post was edited

I now have 12 piercings: two in each nipple and the other 8 in my genitals. They are all in surgical steel and two (PA and lower scrotum are fairly heavy at 5mm (4 g). I still set off the airport security scanner one time in two, have to go in the second scanner and then be patted down. Given the placings of my metal-work they guess what they are and ask no questions.

For the last three holidays I've flown in a kilt, shortened and specially adapted so it has absolutely no metal fastenings. So the ONLY metal to detect is in my piercings.

Incidentally it is fellow passengers, not security, who ask what's under my kilt (nothing, of course). And they usually get to see for themselves. Unusually on my last flight a man asked the question. On seeing the answer he gave me a high five and commented on the embedded metal.

This post was edited