RE:Nude church

"Well, it was probably best they not attend, as she was a distraction to the men of the church."

One of the real problems I have with many conservative evangelicals is that, while they talk about morality, they refuse to assume responsibility for the roots of their own actions. If a number of men were letting themselves be distracted by her, it was because they couldn't handle their own desires. It's another situation where the woman is blamed for the distraction, where the real issue is that the man weren't able to recognize their own distractability.

It's one of the reasons there are as few women involved in nudism as there are.

This post was edited

In the beginning..... adam and eve were also naked....

So nude in a church must be possible

This post was edited

Umm, might be a little freaky if the pastor pops a boner

This post was edited

I would like to believe that any man serving in a pastoral role would know how to keep his penis under control: it's not any more likely to happen for him than for anyone else at a naked venue.

This post was edited

Umm, might be a little freaky if the pastor pops a bonerThe obsession with some about the state of the penis is incredible. The only time I have heard of an unwanted erection in a naturist setting was when the guy fell asleep. Even that was not a problem.

The pastor popping a boner is not going to happen, though if he is the kind of preacher who puts the congregation to sleep...

Joking apart, I think it is a great idea. After all baptisms used to be done naked, why not extend it to all?

This post was edited

You would have to find a priest/pastor that is also a nudist, chances of that would be almost zero. Also If the church or the other pastors found out there would be lots of trouble for him. From my point of view it sounds like a good idea.

Ive met several pastors at nude resorts. I was at one in Souti California over Easter Break a few years ago and met two pastors during the week. One spent time sitting nude by the pool while working on his Easter sermon.

This post was edited

You would have to find a priest/pastor that is also a nudist, chances of that would be almost zero. Also If the church or the other pastors found out there would be lots of trouble for him. From my point of view it sounds like a good idea.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, I'm a clergy person who has been a nudist longer than since I've been ordained; and I've met a number of other clergy of a number of denominations at various nudist venues.

Now, I don't include my denominational credentials that I'm a nudist; but I remember one fellow who led Sunday morning worship at a naturist gathering; and if asked, more and more I would not hesitate.

Allen

This post was edited

I didn't read every reply, but Garden of Eden Church is located at Lake Como Nudist Resort near Tampa. I plan to attend the Christian Naturist Gathering this year. It appears they have mastered the concept of the nude church.

This post was edited