Want to be nudist but not sure about partner

Hi all,

I want to be a nudist but I don't think my boyfriend would be one.
Does anyone have any experience with how to approach it with a partner?

The only experience of nudism I have is being in a gay sauna. Yeah, I know it's not the same situation but I did enjoy walking about completely naked.

This topic was edited
RE:Want to be nudist but not sure about partner

I just started living the lifestyle at home. At first he was shocked / surprised that I'd walk around the house and yard nude. Later on he just accepted it. More recently he's been embracing it and joining me. Now we host and attend nudist parties. This took a few years, mind you.

This post was edited

I live in Edinburgh and it's snowing outside now so I think a beach isn't an option anytime soon :-)

I've just posted in the Edinburgh group asking if someone could ease me into nudism.

I swim and I'm thinking if someone on here swims I could tell my partner I met them while swimming and they told me about nudism.
I would be kind of engineering a situation where I could bring it up without it being just out of the blue.
Or would that be too deceitful?

This post was edited

You shouldn't really have to go to any extent to bring it up. For me, I remember me and a female friend of mine were hanging out at my house mid-summer, and I'd mentioned that it was really hot and I wished I could just take my clothes off. When she mentioned that it might be a little weird, I just said, "Would it?" and casually explained that I'd already spent time nude at home and frequently slept naked. With us, I knew we were close enough that even if her reaction was less-than-positive to the idea that she wouldn't be totally turned away by it. Fortunately however, she was open enough to let me gradually wear less and less (over the course of several visits) until she was just like, "You know what, I don't even care if you're completely naked. Go ahead."
Point being, if you feel your connection is worth anything, just try talking to him about it. You don't have to just spring it on him out of the blue, but you shouldn't have to go through hoops trying to make it seem natural. After all, it's naturism, it is natural. So if a good situation arises, just bring it up.

This post was edited

"be a nudist" is not the way to start - it sounds like, and for some people is, something like taking on a new identity, and is pretty challenging. I'd suggest you just go about your business, naked when you reasonably can be. You don't need to define it.

This post was edited

Sort of a contradiction, don't you think Steve? I know you're not much into labels but you've actually labeled yourself a few times within your own profile. Why it is so many nudists don't want to be known or labeled as a nudist is bonkers to me! :DDD

This post was edited

My wife is not 100% all in yet but certainly is accepting of my being naked a good portion of my day.
I started by not being dressed in the morning , in my recliner reading.
The first time it was after about 15 minutes after she realized I didn't have my clothes on yet before she asked why.
I just told her I didn't feel like putting my clothes on yet and she was happy with my answer and didn't say another word.
Eventually, I was out on the patio. (not the same day) :)
Stretch it, just don't break it!
Accepting and understanding don't necessarily happen at the same time!

This post was edited

I have been a home nudist for a long time, so when I met my girlfriend I just told her. At home she will be nude with me no problems there. But I have not been able to get her to go to any nude resort or campground yet. But the more I tell her I am passionate about it the closer we get. I am ready to fully embrace the lifestyle I just need to get her there as well. My advice is to talk about it together and make it known how you feel and how great nudity feels.

This post was edited

I have been a home nudist for a long time, so when I met my girlfriend I just told her. At home she will be nude with me no problems there. But I have not been able to get her to go to any nude resort or campground yet. But the more I tell her I am passionate about it the closer we get. I am ready to fully embrace the lifestyle I just need to get her there as well. My advice is to talk about it together and make it known how you feel and how great nudity feels.

This post was edited

I got interested in nudism after I was married for several years.
In warm weather, I am generally nude in the house and inside the pool fence if only my wife and I are here.
She is fine with that and even asks why I have clothes on but she rarely goes nude herself.
We live about an hour from the beach. I like it and she doesn't so I would often be going alone whether the beach was clothing optional or not.
I have told her I go to nude beaches, but I don't mention it every time I am going there, I just say the beach.

This post was edited

When I first told my wife she was ok with it but she bought heaven curtains to cover the windows and made sure the doors were closed , that was the first summer as time went on she stoped worring about covering the windows and I am the one who closes the front door, most of the time she makes jokes about me being dressed . At first she said she never go to the club but after a little time she goes with me stays dressed but goes

This post was edited