Certified

Whats so good about being Certified?

This topic was edited
RE:Certified

To me it signifies that you are serious about being a nudist. I was very apprehensive sending out a full frontal on the internet but decided that i have to trust that the people here are here for the same reason that I am and that my pictures will only be viewed by those that share my love for being nude.

This post was edited

It lets people who might be considering meeting you in real life know that you are very likely to be the person represented by the age and gender you claim, and shown in any photographs you post. Prevents wasting time on folks who get all their thrills at the keyboard and can't maintain their internet persona in real life, and avoids a certain amount of danger if people do meet.

This post was edited

To me it is a far greater chance that the person is who they are claimed they are against just taking a profile photo of the net and could be anybody and be a different sex as well.

This post was edited

I decided to get certified as a way of being honest with other members, that my profile is of a real person. Certification doesn't require you to post any pictures at all. As far as choosing friends, I have some that are certified and some who aren't, probably more likely to pursue meeting cerified members than non.

Certification shouldn't be confused with membership. Certification doesn't cost anything. I am also a member because I get more features that I like. And I had a little extra $ at the time I joined :).

This post was edited

Becoming Certified was a very special moment for me.
I'm a relatively new nudist compared to many here and I've never sent a naked picture of myself to anyone, let alone, an unknown "Lord of the Website" out in the cyber beyond. There was no warm fuzzy feeling at first, maybe closer to terror!
Once I hit the send button I had a sense of pride as though I had earned my right of passage.
Regarding the ability to see more naked pictures? WTH! The internet is full of them and if that's what you're looking for! Why come here for that.
For me it's not at all about seeing more "naked" pictures. that even sounds shallow!
I enjoy seeing my friends enjoying what they like to do while enjoying their naked freedom, or clothed, in their own habitat and loving life. Its a window into their life that helps me know and understand them better and even strengthens our kinship. Many of their personal pics are "Certified Friends" only and I respect that.
When they friend me or I friend them, It's more like being let into one's house rather than being asked to stay on the front porch!
A different level of trust!

This post was edited

I decided to get certified as a way of being honest with other members, that my profile is of a real person. Certification doesn't require you to post any pictures at all. As far as choosing friends, I have some that are certified and some who aren't, probably more likely to pursue meeting cerified members than non.Certification shouldn't be confused with membership. Certification doesn't cost anything. I am also a member because I get more features that I like. And I had a little extra $ at the time I joined :).

This is another of those cases where I wish I could "like" a response. This is a good one and I feel similarly to all that you said.

One of my 2018 goals, was to be a better member here and friend to those in my list. For me personally, I have met people who are certified, not-certified, and private profiles (which some times there are very good reasons for it) that are great nudist friends. I enjoy profiles that are more complete vs. a lot that are very vague or lack a lot of information. There are some great folks here and I have enjoyed meeting some in person and online.

I harken your definitiveness on "certification" and "membership." Regarding "membership," for me, it's similar to belonging to AANR and TNS - it's a way of supporting and giving back to those trying to support social nudity and nude recreation - a difficult mission at times.

This post was edited