2018 Olympics "Nipple Gate"

For those that missed it, here's a screenshot. For the most part, if I didn't know to look for it, I probably never would have noticed it. Her neck clasp came undone at the very beginning of the routine, and there were minor hints at "nipple gate" throughout the program. This is perhaps the most obvious shot.

John aka cobeachbum

This topic was edited
RE:2018 Olympics "Nipple Gate"

The world will go on as usual and seeing a nipple on a major television network isn't really that big of a deal.

This post was edited

We all have nipples, so what is the big deal? If you were to crop that photo, it would be hard to tell whether it was a male or female nipple. Just can't understand the excitement.

This post was edited

I can see a portion of a nipple(big deal), but no sign of any gate. Where is the gate?

This post was edited

Regrettably, this is all anyone will talk about instead of their amazing performance.

With the design of the costumes, nowadays, the women risk these types of issues because most of them are not wearing bras. I guess, if they were really worried about flashing a nipple in the case of a wardrobe malfunction, they could wear nipple covers but I'm think they really don't worry about it much and many of these women come from countries that don't flip out over a simple nipple sighting like us prudish Americans.

This post was edited

Regrettably, this is all anyone will talk about instead of their amazing performance.With the design of the costumes, nowadays, the women risk these types of issues because most of them are not wearing bras. I guess, if they were really worried about flashing a nipple in the case of a wardrobe malfunction, they could wear nipple covers but I'm think they really don't worry about it much and many of these women come from countries that don't flip out over a simple nipple sighting like us prudish Americans.

Great reply. It's amazing with everything else shown on TV that a simple nipple can cause any sort of uproar. Our society is so backwards when it comes to any sort of nudity.

This post was edited