Valley View hot springs/Orient Land Trust

Anyone else spent time in this beautiful place in Colorado? Spent a few days there, could have easily spent many more, such a nice place to visit.

This topic was edited
RE: Valley View hot springs/Orient Land Trust

The wife and I visited back in 2005, we loved it, except for all the creepy guys hanging around the main pool because the place is clothing optional. I went all the way to the top pool and worked my way down, definately worth the hike. Maybe someday we can go back again.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

I definitely want to go back there again, I could so see myself staying there a week. Met some great people there, it can be such a community environment, in people sharing food and drink too, and having great conversations around the pool and hot springs.
While some may not like the new campfire rules, it does kinda bring people together in the evening around the pavillion fire area.
Hopefully May or August, I can come for a week.

This post was edited

I will be out there this weekend, and hopefully members weekend too.

This post was edited

Wife and I visited there in late May or early June. The minute we got to VVHS we knew we'd found a special place.We stayed in an Oak House room. The atmosphere from management to members and visitorsis relaxed and friendly. No pretense about not being able to enjoy all there is to be enjoyed about nudism. There are people of all ages and attitudes. Lots of younger Boulder-types when we were there, great for the ambience. Greatpossibilities for hiking, and for finding that secluded spot. Photography is okay as long as you're not photographing anyone without their permission. As it should be - what a beautiful place.

This post was edited

Great hot springs. Would recommend it to anyone who enjoys being mellow in hot springs setting.

This post was edited

Wow, I'm surprised this thread has been here as long as it has and I haven't responded to it!

VVHS/OLT is great. I was there first in 1987, and have been there for a week at a time for three out of the last four years. Clothing is optional all over the property, and there's a lot of space for long naked hikes.

The "option" for clothes includes all of the pools, so while most users are naked, there's nothing that says that you're required to be naked: it actually gives a greater sense of freedom than a "nude" requirement.

No restaurants, so you have to bring all your groceries in, and you have to pack your garbage out: but there are a couple of community kitchens, which means also that most people are willing to share meals. It's not plush by any means, but that's part of the allure of the place.

Go and enjoy!

Badger

This post was edited

I hope to visit when I am out in Colorado this fall; is it really far from the Denver area? (I will have a car)

This post was edited

I hope to visit when I am out in Colorado this fall; is it really far from the Denver area? (I will have a car)BX, it's a 140 mile drive from Denver and worth the trip. You'll love the place. My wife and I have been there twice.

This post was edited

Headed back out to OLT September 27-29... anyone else headed out there?

This post was edited

Sadly, I did not make it out this year (It's been a few years now). For anyone that's going to be in the general area, it is well worth the trip. It is indeed a very special place.
On the down side, it is slowly loosing it's charm. VVHS started out as a very rustic, bare bones place (Which i liked). Over the years, it has slowly become more commercialized. Due to the restrictions Neil and Terry very wisely put in place when forming OLT, it will never become a Cypress Cove type of place, but it seems the rustic charm is slowly fading away and the price (To pay for the upgrades) continues to climb. It's still cheaper (and more relaxing) than a hotel though, and the view can't be beat. Just my two cents.
I will continue to make the occasional journey (It's about a 1000 miles one way for me now), but not as often as I would like.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited