RE: Valley View hot springs/Orient Land Trust

This is my favorite spot in Colorado. When I got there I took off my clothes right after checking in at the office and was nude for the next three days. The nude hike to the batcave was pretty nice and I highly recommend it.

This post was edited

It's one of my favorite places in the world. I'm a single gay man and met wonderful singles and couples across lines of gender and sexuality. The setting could not be more beautiful and the whole experience is so restful. I just wish I didn't live half the continent away,

This post was edited

The comments I've read, make Valley View sound great! Where in Colorado is it?

This post was edited

On a very recent trip through the south western portion of CO, my
wife and I stopped at OLT/VVHS and took a tour. WE WILL RETURN ...
and that's saying something for my wife. It's rustic by her
standards but she was really impressed with the cleanliness, the
views and the pool and pools. She really wants to return with our
motorhome. Our Colorado friends will meet us there and we'll
undoubtedly stay for several days.

The only thing my wife isn't too keen on is the Coed bathrooms.
Showering isn't a problem but using the toilet is so I'll keep the
motorhome bathroom reserved for the ladies and us guys will use the
facilities provided. VVHS is probably close to 1/2 way
between Durango and Colorado Springs ... depending on which route
you take. Don't have a map in front of me or I'd type what
route we took outta Durango.

We really loved that trip and will return to see lots more of
CO. Drove over 3000 miles on this trip and most of it ... I drove naked! ;-)

This post was edited

The comments I've read, make Valley View sound great! Where in Colorado is it?
VVHS is located just off highway 285 just south of Villa Grove on route GG. DO NOT JUST SHOW UP if you are driving a long distance. VVHS has very strict daily quotas on the number of visitors each day and each over-night stay (and they run near 100% of these quotas, even during the winter off-season). You must either make reservations in advance or call them to make sure they have space for you. All the details can be found at olt.org

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

The comments I've read, make Valley View sound great! Where in Colorado is it?VVHS is located just off highway 285 just south ofVilla Groveon route GG. DO NOT JUST SHOW UP if you are driving a long distance. VVHS has very strict daily quotas on the number of visitors each day and each over-night stay (and they run near 100% of these quotas, even during the winter off-season). You must either make reservations in advance or call them to make sure they have space for you. All the details can be found at olt.org

John aka cobeachbumSo true ... I sent a few emails explaining what my wife and I wanted. They emailed back quite quickly and at one point, while in route on our trip, they called my cell phone and confirmed that we were still wanting to visit. Even then ... when we arrived at the office, they seemed as though they didn't know anything about the emails and phone call but were still accommodating to take us on a tour. Lesson learned for us, ... get the names of those you talk to or email! hahaha

This post was edited

2200 acres---and all of it is C/O?
Yes and even more. The property backs up to the Sangre De Cristo mountain range which is completely undeveloped. There are miles and miles of land to hike.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Now that we've moved to the "boonies" Valley View is a day trip for us. It's about 60 miles. We're very close to Mt. Princeton and Cottonwood Hot Springs, nut they are clothing only. (Swimming suits required)

This post was edited

Just was touting Valley View in response to another post. My personal favorite, in part because of all the naked hiking opportunities.

This post was edited
RE:Valley View hot springs/Orient Land Trust

We went to VVHS on the recommendation of a friend when she found out we were going to Mt Prinston that is about an hour away from VVHS. We wanted to see what Clothing Optional was about. We liked it so much that we cut our Mt Prinston stay short so that we could spend a few more hours there. We have not spent the night yet but plan to soon.

This post was edited