Mandatory Certification

When viewing the forum sorted by newest to oldest, I saw a post recommending mandatory certification within one year of registration.
I could not open the full post because it is in the certified users only area.
In my opinion, I think this is a terrible idea.
While I enjoy being nude and discussing nudity related topics, i am not comfortable posting a picture of myself on a nudest website, on anywhere else for that matter.
I am sure there are others who feel the same way.

This topic was edited
RE:Mandatory Certification

When viewing the forum sorted by newest to oldest, I saw a post recommending mandatory certification within one year of registration.I could not open the full post because it is in the certified users only area.In my opinion, I think this is a terrible idea.While I enjoy being nude and discussing nudity related topics, i am not comfortable posting a picture of myself on a nudest website, on anywhere else for that matter.I am sure there are others who feel the same way.

When you get certified, you only submit the appropriate photos to the site administrators for your certification. They are not put out on the site for general consumption. If they show up in your profile pictures it is because you put them there.

This post was edited

Thanks, but not matter how secure photos are supposed to be, I still do not want to have them stored on any computer.

This post was edited

Certification is not 100% but it is a good starting point. numerous reasons not to post public photos, employment, physical and well true nudist are suppose to be excepting but as seen on this site not all are by the comments. Just an opinion !

This post was edited

Hah, if Facebook collects biometrics from people's photos, imagine the biometrics available here, lol!

This post was edited

Bad idea, if implemented it could kick out good honest people just because they dont have a camera, or some other quirk. Like the one I ran into when I attempted to certify and haven't bothered to try again. When I don't have a nude compatible companion to take pictures it isn't easy to set up to take self photos. And then when I do and it's accepted, all is fine, until 3 days later and someone decides something wasn't perfect and kicks me out. The excuse didn't make sense, I could see the print on the sign in my own picture, why couldn't they? Did they have bad eyesight? Low resolution monitor? So what! It's not that big a deal anyway. Certification doesn't prove legitimacy anyway does it? Pictures can be borrowed and manipulated. A person's attitude shows in the posts they make. A few comments will reveal what they come here after, if it's all for sex and lust kick them out. Yes it takes someone's time to monitor. That's the price of maintaining a discussion group of any kind.

This post was edited

Bad idea, if implemented it could kick out good honest people just because they dont have a camera, or some other quirk. Like the one I ran into when I attempted to certify and haven't bothered to try again. When I don't have a nude compatible companion to take pictures it isn't easy to set up to take self photos. And then when I do and it's accepted, all is fine, until 3 days later and someone decides something wasn't perfect and kicks me out. The excuse didn't make sense, I could see the print on the sign in my own picture, why couldn't they? Did they have bad eyesight? Low resolution monitor? So what! It's not that big a deal anyway. Certification doesn't prove legitimacy anyway does it? Pictures can be borrowed and manipulated. A person's attitude shows in the posts they make. A few comments will reveal what they come here after, if it's all for sex and lust kick them out. Yes it takes someone's time to monitor. That's the price of maintaining a discussion group of any kind.

[LIKE]

Certification is not proof of being a nudist/naturist.
Certification is only proof that someone made up a name,
wrote the name on a piece of paper and
took a picture of someone,
a man or a woman, holding that piece of paper.

This post was edited

Agreed. It proves nothing.

I joined this site 8 years ago, made no attempt to hide my identity, even posting the link to my travel club in my profile, and there are plenty of pictures of me nude online (because I grew up a nudist, and many of my youth photos were included in a nudist resort pamphlet years ago). I am one of the more legitimate "True Nudists" here, and I am constantly PM'ed and attempted to be friended by "Certified Users" here who are genuine CREEPS!

All "Certified" means to me is, you took a picture holding a sign and sent it to the moderators. It does not magically make you a legitimate true nudist. I don't think certification means a thing.

This post was edited

Apparently we are missing a lot if we haven't upgraded....

According to the adds on the right of the screen....... I don't feel we are missing out on much.

And it also says.... Certified members have more friends..
We are not certified but still we have over 300 friends requests pending.

This post was edited

I have not considered certification primarily because of the "certified members get more friend requests" statement. I have had more than I wanted and rejected almost all of them. The two that I have allowed have no special relationship with me as it is. The pictures can be intimidating, and I don't post a picture of me on anything. If someone does not believe that I like living clothes free, it is their problem not mine.

This post was edited

Certification is just one part of being a true nudist. It just proves that you invested a little bit of time and effort to become one. If i have been contacted by an uncertified "nudist" I then try to find out if this person is genuiene or not as I dont want to talk to people that cant show there face (doesnt have to be naked). And hey folks, we have to certify for so many things in so called normal (non nudist) life and now nudists seem to have a problem with just one more certification here on TN. Who is a true nudist then?

This post was edited