Which states in USA allow women to be topless in Public?

Does anybody have a list? I do know some do....

This topic was edited
RE: Which states in USA allow women to be topless in Public?

Women can be topless in Texas any place men can.

This post was edited
RE: re

Women can go topless in NY state anywhere a male is allowed to.

This post was edited

All of Ontario Canada plus we have legal nude beach in Toronto

This post was edited

Florida is considering it. NY is written on the books, it is allowed.
https://gotopless.org/

This post was edited

The following statement appears in the Texas State Park regulations (Title 31, Section 59.134(n) of the Texas Administrative Code):

"Public Nudity. It is an offense for any person to disrobe or appear nude
in public. Females are considered to be disrobed when their breasts
below the top of the areola are exposed except when nursing a baby."

https://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=31&pt=2&ch=59&rl=134

I suspect this regulation would be found unconstitutional if it were ever challenged in court, since it would appear to be in violation of the Texas Equal Rights Amendment.

This post was edited

Not all of TX - I believe it to be true of the county that Austin is in.

This post was edited

It is legal for women to be topless in public in Ohio.

This post was edited
Come On I let do a survey

So we have OH, NY Oregon, Some parts of Texas, what else? Oh Ontario too, though not in USA..

This post was edited
RE: Come On I let do a survey

Also not in the USA, but you included Ontario Canada already.... It is "legal" for both genders to be topless anywhere in British Columbia. However, if someone makes a complaint, topless women are required to cover up. I have witnessed on more than one occasion where a topless woman was asked by police to cover up because someone at the beach/park was offended. The police were involved because the complainant didn't have the guts to go and ask the topless lady to cover up. Instead, the police were called. End result, no ticket or fine was assesed... but much wasting of taxpayer's money occured. Not sure what happens exactly if a lady refuses to cover up after the police are involved.

This post was edited
RE: Come On I let do a survey

refer to any equal rights amendments if Canada has any. Discrimination in the US is illegal, and to discriminate against a woman not being able to go topless anywhere that you would expect a male tobe topless would be in violation of any equal rights statutes.

NOTE: IT IS NOT ON THE BOOKS IN NYS that says women canbe toplesslegally, but rather the state supreme court expressed that because of the equal rights statutes, that enforcing laws prohibiting women to go nude, would be a costly mistake due to civil rights lawsuits....

This post was edited