Memorial Day cookout

Our weather here in MA is supposed to turn chilly tomorrow and Monday... not conducive to going nude. So we had our Memorial Day cookout tonight. We both got out of work by noon yesterday, so we put up our privacy screens on our deck and spent two days in the sun without the need of any clothes. Low 80s F both days, so we were able to start working on our base tan before heading to the local nude resort for the weekend in two weeks. The only time we got dressed was this afternoon to go shopping for food for the cookout. Tonight we fired up the grill and had our first ever nude cookout (not to mention the first cookout of the year). In addition to grilling duties I was in charge of the bar and making Margaritas. I would say our first nude cookout was a success and hope to make nude cookouts the default from now on!

I am looking to get taller privacy screening so the Mrs. can stand up nude. Right now it is obvious to any neighbors that you are topless when standing on the deck, so she won't do it. When she went to check the grill she would put a shirt on to make it look like she was dressed. There are actually some cheap 6' high cardboard room dividers that can be set up on the deck quickly that might do the trick. I might order one and see how well it would work outside on the deck. If it works well, three more would give us a nice 6' high private area on our deck rather than a 3' high private area.

Hopefully the rest of you have better weather for the rest of this holiday weekend and get to spend some time nude outside!

This topic was edited
RE:Memorial Day cookout

Youngest grandchild, 8, will celebrate his Bday here at our house; pool party BBQ. It'll be a clothed event ... ;ppp

This post was edited

That was a good move on your part because todays weather turned out just like they said it would. As for your privacy problem you can add some fence panels or even some lattice to the deck but that would be a permanent fix. Or you can just slide the lattice into a groove and remove it whenever you 'd like to.

We ended up going with room divider panels. They are just cardboard, so light and easy to set up and take down. Overpriced for what you get, but still cheaper than other options I looked into. By carefully opening the shipping boxes, I got some extra privacy screening for free!

Enjoying the Fourth with more privacy now. Tonight we will continue the nude grilling tradition that was started Memorial Day weekend and continued while we were at Solair, one of the local nude resorts.

Edit: wish I could figure out how to get a thumbnail to show, but you can click the image icon to see the MacGyver approach to adding privacy to the deck!

This post was edited

Sounds like a lot of fun

This post was edited

That works perfect and like you said it's light and easy to move when it's not needed!! It's nice to be able to spend some nude time outside at home. I'm having breakfast and coffee like that right now on my patio until it starts raining out here. I'm going to have to check out Solair one of these days. I've been to many different nude resorts just not any here in my own state. Enjoy your new found privacy.

Were at Solair right now! When we first started going several years ago it was kind of cliquish, but the last 2-3 years we have really enjoyed coming here.

This post was edited

That's funny because I was off on Friday and thinking of checking out Solair but the weather wasn't cooperating .

Friday wasn't the greatest of days, although by the time we got there at 3pm the weather had cleared. Saturday and today were post-card perfect. They had their annual young naturist event yesterday and the place was packed with lots of younger guests, so I guess their marketing worked! Then for the evening they had a beer and pizza festival and then a live band. Today was quieter and we left around 3:30 to avoid any post-Fourth traffic jams. We are talking about maybe going back for the 4-5 of August. We won't be able to go Friday since we have tickets to see an Eagles tribute band up in Salisbury, so since it will be only one night we will have to stay at a nearby motel.

This post was edited