RE:What does "like minded" mean to you?

It's not just leading the nudist lifestyle. I know many nudists who live it in different ways - at different levels. Some are only nude on holiday whereas others are nude at home too, as close to 24/7

I believe what Lee and I are saying is the acceptance of nudity is the thing that makes us like minded. Its what separates us from the textile only world. All the rest of that is what takes nudity to another level and you can further define your ompatanility with that person.

Funcpl and I share nudity, bbq, living in Colorado and age but we disagree friendly like on bbq but strongly on the purpose of the NRA so I know not to talk about shooting sports with him. Like Andy stated, you can be friends with people that you share some beliefs with but strongly disagree on others, you just dont bring those topics up when you are together.

This post was edited

Totally agree!

This post was edited

I spoke already the Like Minded was a broad term. What Id like to share now is what it means to me. What I think of when it comes to defining a true nudist. Is a complete non sexual environment. If I walked up to you nude or clothed the attitude, content of our conversation and mannerisms would be the same. If I walked up to you clothed I wouldnt look you up and down to see all of you. Then why would you do that just because someone is nude. To me being a true nudist is an attitude. I want to do everything I normally do when Im clothed. That being said. If I wouldnt sit spread eagle when Im clothed why would I do it when Im naked. I dont want to be seen naked or try to see others naked. I just want to enjoy life clothes free because it feels wonderful! I have a wife who is my everything. I dont seek or want innuendo talk or innocent flirting with anyone. Just plain good ol friendship with those who enjoy life free from textile rules or laws. To enjoy this world and those in it , as God intended naked, unashamed and open. I am a true nudist seeking like minded people like me to share everyday highs and lows for the fellowship of lifes grand adventures.

Robert

This post was edited

Andy...I'd never thought about it in any other terms than to have similar interests, enjoy being nude, and having a genuine chat with some of the folks. I tried to put enough information on my profile to give most anyone an idea of my background. I'm not interested in swingers and want a personable exchange of ideas and experiences in my conversations. I hope that's enough of a summary...in the words of Stan Lee..."nuff said".

This post was edited

Andy, are you running for office for this site? : ) : ) Once again Andy has come through with logical reasoning! HERE HERE!

This post was edited

Andy, are you running for office for this site? : ) : ) Once again Andy has come through with logical reasoning! HERE HERE!

My name is Andy ... and I approve of this message. Thank you.

:DDDDDD

This post was edited

Over the years on this website, to me, 'like minded' means swinger. Nothing scientific to back it up, just casual crosschecking their profiles against TS which doesn't necessarily mean anything. Also, you can get an idea of interests by looking at which groups they belong to. Be that as it may, I doesn't matter one bit to me if that's what they're into.

This post was edited

I truly think the vast majority of those nudists here on TN would agree that, when someone put "like minded" in their profile or in their posts to others, that's what they were getting at ... "swinging/partner swapping" for sex or maybe exhibitionists looking for watchers. Whether that is actually true or not is really unknown for sure.

Many people in the nudist lifestyle and the alternate lifestyles that start out with nudity, tend to hide behind words that soften the nude or sexual aspects of their preferred lifestyles. I was once chastise for using the term nudist lifestyle, because "lifestyle" had been hijacked by the swinger crowd, because they wanted to soften the "swinger/wife swapper" label. A good friend wanted me to use "skinny dipper" but we do MUCH more than just skinny dip, we live naked and do whatever we can naked ... so skinny dipper didn't actually fit the label we were willing to attach to ourselves and how we live. Then you have those that seem to have issue with a simple label as "nudist," as if you're pigeon holing them into a category they refuse to be a part of.

Not being a "lifestyler (partner sex swapper)" I'm not sure what the label entails and maybe it encompasses more than just swapping partners for sex. Maybe the lifestyle is lots of other things that many of us are not aware of. I wonder if it's a generational thing and involves more of a younger crowd that has different ideas of relationships, marriage, monogamy ...

This post was edited

I think that its important that nudists are not afraid to use terms such as 'nudist', lifestyle' and 'like-minded' when referring to living naked in the way that they are used to. To me the term nudist principally means someone who likes being naked whenever and wherever they can be as that is how I live my life. I'm happy nude on my own, among other nudists and in clothing-optional setting. Other nudists only live nude at home, maybe alone or just with a significant other. Some nudists live in a nudist environment where everybody else is a nudist. Nudists live a variety of ways in the wider nudist community.

The use of English in an international setting can mean that words get used differently, sometimes confusingly. As an English speaking English person the word 'lifestyle' seems to have a more general meaning than how it comes across when people from north America use it. Speaking with other English people, nudists and textiles, I'd feel happier using the term 'lifestyle' along with 'nudist' to describe my preferred way of life. To me 'lifestyle' can be attached to many other ways of living - busy, active, academic, catholic(not necessarily religious), hectic, fast, boring etc etc Of course it can be used in conjunction with 'swinger' too. But, I don't see why nudists should stop using the words 'nudist' and lifestyle' when describing their ways of life just because swingers may try to smokescreen their 'lifestyle' by describing themselves as nudists etc. There are no clear lines drawn between nudism and swinging, nudists and swingers may share other interests too - music, sport, reading etc

I live nude for well over half of my time, it varies according to seasons mostly, sometimes I'm nude for the whole week, when its cold maybe its only an hour or so a day. There is very little that can be done around the house that I don't do naked . I am really into social nudism, mostly outside of a club environment and I am always on the lookout for new things to do nude. I hike nude with a couple of groups, attend a naked yoga group and a nude tai chi group. I use local nude beaches a lot when its warm and like to go on holidays where I can be naked 24/7. That is my nudist lifestyle, in a nutshell. If I said that I was looking for 'like-minded' people after describing my life by mentioning these points it doesn't necessarily mean that I am looking for nudists who do all of these things in a similar way. I'd more likely be looking for others who share nudism as a major interest, but not necessarily doing all of those things, or in the same ways or amounts of time as me

This post was edited

Does "like minded" solely mean, liberal enough to swing, swap pictures, exhibitionism, political affiliation? SO what does "like minded" mean to you?

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but yes, "Like minded" pretty much means they are looking for individuals catering to sexual activity. I avoid anyone like that. Its like in chat when certain key phrases pop up you avoid them like the plague. And then if you call them out on it they get VERY defensive which tells you definitively what they are looking for.

This post was edited