Why so many gay guys?

Not trying to be provocative or anything.... but why are there so many nude gay guys in TN? I'm not uncomfortable with it, it's the same at beaches. I just always wonder why. Is there a larger proportion of nudists gay than in the overall community?

This topic was edited
RE:Why so many gay guys?

Many on here are more interested in sexual thrills. Nudism is a good way to exhibit themselves in order to release sexual tension.

This post was edited

Interesting question. To be honest I hadn't noticed. I tend to chat with people and enjoy conversation. But, I do think the previous post is correct regarding the number of "straight" men that want to talk sex with me and ask me to watch their videos, which I don't. It is strange how we label people and make assumptions about them before we even get to know them as individuals. And this reminds me of a story:

a man is driving down a deserted highway and his car breaks down. Unfortunately, he left home in a hurry and doesn't have his cell phone with him. As it's getting on to night he's not sure what to do. He sees a light coming from a farm house in the distance and decides to go ask the farmer if he can borrow use his phone to call for help. So he starts off through the field. On his way he starts having a conversation with himself....

I wonder if anyone is home? Maybe they won't answer the door since they don't know me. Maybe they'll think I'm going to rob them.
But, I'm a nice person. I wouldn't rob anyone or take advantage of them.
True, but they don't know that. And it is late at night. They may not trust someone coming in the dark of night to their door.
But, I'm really very trustworthy. Everyone knows that.
Yes, but you might frighten then,
Well, they have no right to be frightened of me.
But it's late and dark and you're a stranger.
Well, so what I'm kind and generous and a very nice person. Just what kind of person would think that way of ME?

The conversation continues like this as he walks up to the house. By now he's feeling very put upon that a stranger would see him as anything other than sweetness and kindness personified.

He knocks on the door and the farmer opens it. "Good evening", he says. "Can I help you? We don't often get visitors this time of the day."
Well the man is so upset that he looks the farmer in the eye and says. "I wouldn't use your phone even if you asked." and storms back to his car.

I don't know if the story fits the thread, but I think it does speak to how we make assumptions about other people and that can get us in a pickle .

This post was edited

Not trying to be provocative or anything.... but why are there so many nude gay guys in TN? I'm not uncomfortable with it, it's the same at beaches. I just always wonder why. Is there a larger proportion of nudists gay than in the overall community?

Are gay men not allowed to be nudists/naturists ? Don't assume that because another man is gay that he is after every slice of penis going as that is simply not the case. It may make you uncomfortable, but that is your problem !

True Nudists is a website, your going to see pictures of penis' and vagina on almost every profile, where is the problem in that ? This is a nudist site after all ! It's not as though another man is dangling his wedding tackle in front of your face.

You also seem to be forgetting human nature, and as much as some people will deny it, EVERYONE looks at another naked body on a beach or any place there is nudity, it's in our nature to look and please don't try to tell me otherwise.

Gay men are not all cock hounds ! You are always going to get those that spoil it for everyone else, whether they are gay, straight, or bi, it's just the way some people are, your not going to change that, you either ignore them or tell them to bugger off !

If you want to know and understand about gay people on here, speak to those of us that are gay and you might just realise that the preconceived idea of what gay men are is not what they actually are.

I will also add my apology to the gentleman that started this discussion, I had misread your words. I still stand by what I say above.

This post was edited

Many on here are more interested in sexual thrills. Nudism is a good way to exhibit themselves in order to release sexual tension.

And here you are yet again MOW ! Assuming you know what the hell you are talking about when you don't.

For your information, it's not just gay guys that are interested in sexual thrills, you need to read some of the comments by the so called straight fraternity on here as they are no bleedin different to anyone else. So instead of being a smart mouth, try doing a bit of research before you flap your lips and get it wrong yet again.

There are many ways for all of us to get out sexual thrills, not simply nudist beaches and seeing other naked bodies, what the hell do you think the internet is for ?

As from a post I read a few days back on here "if you can't say anything good, then don't say anything at all".

This post was edited

One reason may be that gay guys have had a different life history. Each of us has been forced into a reckoning with our sexuality (of course), with our bodies, with our relationship to society and its expectations, that is optional for straight folks. As troublesome as that process can be, it's also freeing; it's a journey that forces you to leave some of your baggage behind. Getting comfortable with nudism requires a similar shedding of baggage, and gays are already partway there.

This post was edited

It CLEARLY says he is NOT uncomfortable with it, so why the bashing???

If you look at his question in a certain context, it actually becomes irrelevant. What about all the bisexual/straight people that pass and make comments that are more than a little suggestive in their context ? You only have to read some of the messages etc on profiles or in these forums to realise that some are most certainly after more than they are admitting to, unless some people are that blind that they can't read between the lines of others words !

Main point here, regardless of whether it's gay people he is going on about, he is no different to anyone else and will have had a look at almost every naked body he has ever seen whether that be on a beach, online or anywhere else. It does not matter that he not uncomfortable with it, perhaps a lot of people on here should take a look at the sister site of TN, True Swingers, because a lot of you will have your eyes opened by some of the friends you have on here that are also on their and they are most certainly not afraid to voice their likes etc.

This post was edited

Yes, there are lots of guys on here who are into sexual stuff as part of their TN involvement, and into sexual stuff around pix of other guys - and most of them don't check the "gay" box. I don't think those are the people the OP has in mind. There truly is a high proportion of members who identify openly as gay, and if anything they are less prone to creepy behavior than other members are.

This post was edited

The reason that there are so many gays on this site is that they profess to be nudist. They are being honest as to who they are, there are many who check n/a or straight to avoid revealing who they really are. The original post "Why so many gay guys?" to me indicates that someone is uncomfortable, but this is a website and not a locked room so the paranoia seems unwarranted. However, if the poster was just curious as to why I think I already answered that. My question would be why so few women? I have seen profile by women that receive a multitude of lewd comments by the so-called straight members and that causes them to cancel their account. This is supposed to be a nudist site and not a strip club and I find that type of behavior offensive. We need to behave like the adults that we are. Sorry, I didn't mean to start a rant, it just sorta came out.
The bottom line is that the people are on here because they are members and they want to be a part of the group. The question is akin to asking why so many gays shop at Wal*Mart.

This post was edited

One reason may be that gay guys have had a different life history. ..Getting comfortable with nudism requires a similar shedding of baggage, and gays are already partway there.
Well said. This is my point of view, also. And I think that journey makes us more willing to bend sociatal norms about things like social nudity.
But, I also think there is a statistical basis (although I have no data to back up my assumption). I think there are more men in general who identify as nudists and I would guess that at least some of the married or partnered straight men who might identify as nudist and be on TN aren't because of non-nudist partners.

This post was edited

Just two cents worth of reassurance to the OP: You've asked a fair question. Musing about why the TN population skews older, or male, or white, doesn't make me ageist, or sexist, or racist, and musing about the prevalence of gays doesn't make you a homophobe.

This post was edited