RE:Why do nudists dress in the evening at resorts?

We were at CC in years past and I would go for dinner nude, and there were probably only 3 or 4 others nude and they were women mostly. Glad it's changing slowly!We only have the Nude-a-palooza weekends from 2014 on as our samples. We will be there two nights during Labor Day weekend and can see if other times of the year are any different.

We had dinner last night at the main restaurant at Cypress Cove and the majority were nude. A couple of tables were dressed and it was just shorts and t-shirts, so they werent dressing up. Tonight there is a dance after dinner, so we will see if that changes whether anyone gets dressed.

This post was edited

Was in Valalta this August in 30+ degree temperatures and dressing in the evening was still the norm.

I dont really get it either.

Our trick was to eat in The Grill right on the beach just as everyone was going in to get dressed then stay there as long as possible. We were gradually surrounded by the clothed naturist diners (!)

Went for a late evening walk up the hill. When we met some campers walking back to their vans they saw our lack of clothing and suddenly remembered where they were, and that they were hot and began stripping off.

Maybe its some sort of preprogrammed behaviour.

Buck the trend. Show them how it is done and others may follow.

I will be taking that approach next summer on the busy August beaches in Fuerteventura which are normally a haven but likely to be Textile filled at that time. I hope to make some converts by setting the example on the CO beaches.

This post was edited

Was in Valalta this August in 30+ degree temperatures and dressing in the evening was still the norm.I dont really get it either.Our trick was to eat in The Grill right on the beach just as everyone was going in to get dressed then stay there as long as possible. We were gradually surrounded by the clothed naturist diners (!)Went for a late evening walk up the hill. When we met some campers walking back to their vans they saw our lack of clothing and suddenly remembered where they were, and that they were hot and began stripping off.Maybe its some sort of preprogrammed behaviour.Buck the trend. Show them how it is done and others may follow.I will be taking that approach next summer on the busy August beaches in Fuerteventura which are normally a haven but likely to be Textile filled at that time. I hope to make some converts by setting the example on the CO beaches.

I have seen here and on other boards that the Canary Islands are very nude tolerant, including some places that are not officially clothing optional,

This post was edited

I have seen the same but also that the major influx from certain countries in August does mean higher volumes of sunbathers who are on the less tolerant side even though nude bathing is officially permitted.

I aim to respectfully bare all when appropriate. I can tolerate them if they can tolerate me.

This post was edited

Our trick was to eat in The Grill right on the beach just as everyone was going in to get dressed then stay there as long as possible. We were gradually surrounded by the clothed naturist diners (!)

We were in Valalta in mid August and did exactly the same thing. We had a couple of beers in the late afternoon. A trio started playing music and we had a nicely positioned table to watch. Soon the place filled with dressed guests and we were the only two naked people in the busy bar. We noticed a table of displeased people talking in german and pointing at us. I tried to ignore them but it made us feel very uncomfortable and so we left.

Funny thing is it's perfectly fine to dine naked during the day in the Valalta restaurants and nobody else wears clothes except staff.
I just don't get it. It's a nude resort. I go there not to wear clothes.

This post was edited

In Valalta is must be naked when you go to the water or when you swimming :)

This post was edited

I think the Vera Play Club Hotel requires all guests to be clothed after 8PM, at least in the foyer.
That's true. After 8PM the foyer and the bar is open for the public. But I think it's silly because the hotel is in nudist area.
Vera Playa Map

My wife and I liked the hotel but it was annoying that you had to get dressed for meals in the restaurant. We had lunch at the bar where you can eat nude.

This post was edited

At most commercial nudist venues to focus is nude recreation instead of nudity at all times as the current online fixation seems to be.

This post was edited

Besides instances of dressing for warmth and protection from bugs, it sounds like many cases of nudists dressing for meals involve unwritten rules likely set by older regulars. They also sound illogical to me and antithetical to the idea of nudism. If dressing up sets the tone at resorts, it's a good example of how younger people and outsiders are less likely to feel welcome. That makes it a future of nudism killer if you ask me.

This post was edited

I was fascinated to see how often people mostly women dressed in skimpy outfits including lingerie to go to dances at naturist venues. Also how elaborate Halloween costumes were covering up most of the body instead going with body paint or other options that didnt cover.

Even eating breakfast was occasion to get dressed for some. Strange to me that if they slept naked they would wake and get dressed to go to eat a meal. But I cant assume they have the same mindset and do sleep without clothing.

So dressing for dinner doesnt surprise me at all. Seems to be more about people what to feel and vibe they want to reflect when they partying or dining than being focused on being naked

This post was edited