Why do nudists dress in the evening at resorts?

Ive visited nude resorts in Europe including, Vera Playa - Spain, Cap de Agde - France, and Valalta- Croatia. Im at Valalta right now.
In most cases guests get dressed for breakfast and dinner as well as evenings in the bar. Can anyone explain why nudists at resorts do so? It seems quite absurd to do so. Being a nudist means understanding that clothes are not necessary in social situations.
This evening the bar was mostly empty, the sun was going down, my friend and I were nude and drinking beers. Soon more guests started arriving and we were the only naked people in the whole place. I resisted the need to get dressed but some people made me feel uncomfortable. We eventually decided to leave.

This topic was edited
RE:Why do nudists dress in the evening at resorts?

The Vera Playa Club Hotel require diners for evening meals to dress for dinner. This is not Vera Playa, only for the hotel and only if you are dining.....

This post was edited

Interesting Question. We've been to all sorts of places, some where you do not need to dress up and some you do. in Valata, Croatia you only need to dress to get there and dress to leave, rest of the time is Naked. In Vera Playa Hotel in Spain, Dress for dinner, that's it. Vritomartis in Crete, guests are expected to dress for the evenings. So which is better. Our preference is Dress up for evenings, so much sexier

This post was edited

Our preference is Dress up for evenings, so much sexier

You haven'r seen the way I dress. LOL

This post was edited

It does seem rather silly to me, but we're all different. That's what keeps life interesting.

This post was edited

I dont go to a nudist resort to dress up. If a restaurant there requires it for dinner, then they wont be getting my money at dinner time.

This post was edited

This isn't exclusive to European nudist or clothing optional venues. Many clubs and resorts here in the US, you will see lots of clothed nudists in the evenings and when dining; breakfast, lunch and dinner. Obviously if it's cold, nudists will put something on for warmth. We visited a resort in FL over the NY's holiday. We went into the dining room for breakfast. It was a cool morning but not cold and once inside the dining room, it was warm. My wife and I wore sarongs and t shirts from hotel room to the main lobby, dining room.

When we were seated, I undid my sarong and took off the t shirt because it was warm. My wife undid her sarong and I was naked, she was bottomless. We looked around and there were several people completely dressed having breakfast. I asked the female server, "are we suppose to remain covered or should we be dressed? We're feeling a little uncomfortable!" Her reply, "Nope, you're perfectly fine. This is a nudist resort. I don't know why these people are completely dressed. They are the ones that should feel uncomfortable." ;D

When visiting a nudist resort, I'm naked every second I can be. My wife will, at times, cover for meals but not always. In the evenings, I may wear a button up shirt and sarong and then when seated for dining. I'll take off the sarong to sit on and unbutton the shirt and depending on inside temps, I may take it off.

This post was edited

I think it is in part a hangover from formal dressing for posh dinners and partly a hangup that once evening comes it must be cold enough to dress.
I witness a similar phenomenon in the bakery breakfast queue at Euronat and other resorts where the temperature is perfectly good for total nudity (even my wife who is very sensitive to cold does not dress for breakfast) but I am the only nude amongst people fully dressed in fleeces, etc.
I think they dress because they think it will be cold, not because it is cold.

This post was edited

I used to visit a club in norfolk (uk) and at first didn't understand the dressing thing, the site is surrounded by water in ditches so any naked flesh was instantly attacked by mosquitoes, it only took one night to learn midges are no respectors of vulnerable nudity. It does seem to be a thing to dress to eat in the evening in the UK though, perhaps it is so we can take the leftovers without being noticed.
You could always wrap them in your towel. LOL

This post was edited

Even Cypress Cove Resort had a time where most of the diners in the Lakeside Restaurant were clothed. Our first visit there in 2014 I was unsure if I could be nude for dinner and had a conversation with the server similar to Andy's. Enough was finally enough, and by the next year they offered a free glass of wine with dinner on Thursdays -- but only if you dine nude. I'm bummed that we won't be arriving until Friday for the Labor Day weekend... we always get that free glass of wine! And since they started offering the free glass of wine, I've noticed the vast majority now dine nude when we are there, which seems to make more sense at a nudist resort.

This post was edited

We were at a resort a month ago that had outdoor live music and dancing in the evening. This is hot summertime, but almost all the ladies were either partially or fully dressed, and about half the men. For an outdoor evening event! We danced several dances completely nude (with shoes) and finally my Mrs asked me to go get her sarong since it felt strange with all the other ladies dressed except for one Canadian. We danced quite a bit more - her in her sarong and me nude.

This post was edited