Why the sign?

At my gym there is a sign reading. "you must wear shirt and shorts at all times. No exceptions!" Curious minds want to know what made this sign necessary!

This topic was edited
RE:Why the sign?

Simple, Guys working out with no shirt on and someone complained. Or maybe some guy worked out in a Speedo or (gasp!!) nude.
See attached pics for the absolute best way to work out. Great incentive to keep the old bod in somewhat decent shape

This post was edited

Simple, Guys working out with no shirt on and someone complained. Or maybe some guy worked out in a Speedo or (gasp!!) nude.See attached pics for the absolute best way to work out. Great incentive to keep the old bod in somewhat decent shape

When I looked up Club Ft. Lauderdale, where you said in another thread that these pictures were taken there are no nude men pictured in the gym, pool or hot tub.
How common is nudity at the club?

This post was edited

When I looked up Club Ft. Lauderdale, where you said in another thread that these pictures were taken there are no nude men pictured in the gym, pool or hot tub.How common is nudity at the club?

I don't think many use that gym nude. I was the only one who did when I was there last week. But I wasn't told to dress, so it's not prohibited. Other guys were in shorts only.

The issue with shirts and shorts is partly a matter of sanitation. You gotta put a towel on a bench if you're shirtless, nobody wants to deal with your sweat. But not everyone will honor that so they make such rules.

And of course also the hyper-modest prigs who complain iabout skin showing. Someone probably did complain about a shirtless guy.

This post was edited

Simple, Guys working out with no shirt on and someone complained. Or maybe some guy worked out in a Speedo or (gasp!!) nude.See attached pics for the absolute best way to work out. Great incentive to keep the old bod in somewhat decent shapeWhen I looked up Club Ft. Lauderdale, where you said in another thread that these pictures were taken there are no nude men pictured in the gym, pool or hot tub.How common is nudity at the club?
I think they try to keep it clean for the website

This post was edited

Anytime there's a random warning sign like that ... it's because someone didn't have the common sense to figure it out themselves. Like, on every lawn mower, there is a warning sticker not to pick it up by the blade housing... because more than one person lost their fingers that way.

Now, I'm all for working out naked. It's a rare treat. I just got to do that at Cypress Cove last week. But you have to know your surroundings, and if it's not a nudist facility, don't do it. Wear running shorts and go commando, duh! LOL.

This post was edited

Im surprised that the sign didnt say shoes. A lot of heavy lifters prefer to go barefoot. I myself have certain shoes I wear for squats that allow a better foot placement I wish my gym had a shirtless option like gyms in the 1970s. The only time I get to go shirtless now is I. The locker room or if Im doing a posing pic at night.

This post was edited

Anytime there's a random warning sign like that ... it's because someone didn't have the common sense to figure it out themselves. Like, on every lawn mower, there is a warning sticker not to pick it up by the blade housing... because more than one person lost their fingers that way.Now, I'm all for working out naked. It's a rare treat. I just got to do that at Cypress Cove last week. But you have to know your surroundings, and if it's not a nudist facility, don't do it. Wear running shorts and go commando, duh! LOL.
Do you know of a gym that lets men wear just shorts and no shirt?

This post was edited

Im surprised that the sign didnt say shoes. A lot of heavy lifters prefer to go barefoot. I myself have certain shoes I wear for squats that allow a better foot placement I wish my gym had a shirtless option like gyms in the 1970s. The only time I get to go shirtless now is I. The locker room or if Im doing a posing pic at night.

Some male only gyms allowed men to work out nude in the 60's and 70's

This post was edited