Solo nudism: is it really that bad?

I was recently thinking back to my "single nudist" years. Mostly, I hated them. But then I started thinking about the differences between my life now and those years. And asking myself: "Was it really that bad?"

Back then, if I felt like lounging around naked in bed late on a week end morning drinking coffee; I could do that. If I didn't feel like leaving home, I could plug in and play games naked; with no one to nag me about being a "lazy sod."
If I felt like getting some sun or being around other nudists, I could spontaneously just grab a bag and head to Mazo beach without having to ask or inform anyone. Once there, I could stay as long or as little as I wanted without having to be on someone else's schedule. If I felt like one day just wasn't enough, I'd just book a room in a nearby hotel and return the next day.
I once did a Florida road trip and hit every nude beach there; without having to take into account someone else's comfort level driving and being naked "all over Florida" every day for a week.
When I hiked nude, I could do it without someone else worrying about getting "caught." Even if I did get "caught", it was my problem alone. And being by myself allowed me to take measures in making sure I never got "caught."

Sure, it did sometimes feel very lonely. But had I focused more on exploring the possibilities of solo nudism, I probably could have done a lot more. Like taking more spontaneous overseas trips; hitting some of the more famous worldwide nudist spots like France, Croatia or Spain. Booking an Airbnb near Haulover for a week or two. Do more Florida nude beach trips. Host nudists at my home.

But I'm married now; and my wife has embraced social nudism, so I have nothing to complain about. But if you're a solo nudist; embrace it. Do stuff you could only do if you're free and unattached.

This topic was edited
RE:Solo nudism: is it really that bad?

I am a single guy and yes I always love to just go.
Im very friendly so usually I can strike up some conversations with other nude people.
I agree just do whatever you want and take some of those big trips. Its sooo worth it.
But most of my friends are like me so its always nice to travel with someone or go to your local places.

This post was edited

Nudony has a good point, but it doesnt just apply to nude activities. Without a partner one is completely free to do as he or she wishes, but having someone to enjoy those activities with can make it more enjoyable. Some of us enjoy solo activities more than others. As a fellow I once worked with often said Life is choices. When you make good choices you have a better life than if you dont choose so wisely.

This post was edited

Because I've always had a willing and participating partner in nudism, I think I might have a difficult time going solo. I could do it but wouldn't care for it as much. I understand the freedom being a solo nudist gives you. I wish I had a bit more control over how much I'd travel to only nudist venues but am grateful for what I have and the partner I have to share it with. Having more time or visiting places more often is something I'd do if solo. I'd probably jump on planes more often to visit internet friends, participate in events and activities, meetings, conventions, at various resorts/clubs around the country. I'd definitely visit Europe and stay at a number of nude resorts but Di would also like to do that. Only thing holding us back from doing that is money! :DD

This post was edited

No, it's not really that bad, but it isn't really that good either. My wife and I visit Lone Star Resort here in Texas and enjoy it very much. I sometimes visit there by myself and am welcomed just as much single as when my wife is with me. I say that solo visits aren't as good because visits are so much better and more enjoyable when my spouse is with me. When my wife is either unable or uninterested I will continue to visit on my own but every time I do I will be missing her presence.

This post was edited

Single here, never married. And life long nudist. Had some opportunities to get married. None panned out. Being single has allowed me the freedom to choose to live rural and with enough privacy to treat my home as a mini nudist resort. Also to choose vacation spots that I enjoy wether that is to get naked or to explore the world outside Middle of America. It does have it it's trade offs. There are some lonely times, but I work at having friends of both sexes to do stuff with. Just this afternoon I met another nudist from here on TN, who is looking to expand his horizons. He had his first social nude time by soaking in the hot tub and trading stories. He thanked me for making him feel welcome.
Key is enjoy life as much as possible in whatever state you are in, single, married, divorced, widowed. You only go around once so make the most of the ride.

This post was edited

I am married but spouse not into the lifestyle. So I don't know if i should be called a single or a solo nudist. Would I prefer if my wife was a willing participant? Hell yeah. But she's not and I accept her not being one. On the other hand she allows me to enjoy my visits to the nude beach as well as staying a couple of days at the nude resort a couple hours away (Cypress Cove) when time allows. She knows how happy it makes me and It gives us each a break from each other (she gets a vacation too!). I'm very social so I meet people pretty easily. I find it harder to strike up conversations at the nude beach than the resort. Most seem to keep to themselves at the beach. I did meet some nudists on here that frequent the beach so we have met up a couple of times there which was fun. I am also nude around the house a lot more now that one of my sons and his live in girlfriend have moved out. The other son's girlfriend stays with us half of the week (she's going to college nearby and our house is a lot closer than her parents so just makes sense) and mostly stays upstairs so I have pretty much a total reign of the house. I also work from home.

As for the resorts nearby accepting single males: It's like a catch 22 situation. You either have to be a member of a club or aanr or have been to a nudist resort before. I was neither. The way I was able to get into Cypress Cove was when they had their Open House in July every year. They let everyone come, even single males. Since then I'm in their books and since i passed the "Not creepy single dude " test, I'm allowed anytime. Another one nearby does not accept single males for any reason. They must have had some bad experiences. I think they are losing out on a lot of business but that's up to them.

This post was edited