Belonging

Have you ever had an experience of belonging? Most people associate this with the acceptance of a particular group of people and it forms a part of their identity. I recall an incident in which I was soaking alone at a wilderness hot spring on a brittle clear moonless night. It was just me and the water and the stars. A swimsuit would have detracted from the experience. My soul was immersed in the stars in the same way that my body was immersed in the water, and I knew that I belonged, not just to a narrowly defined group, but to the universe and humanity and eternity, and all was well.

This topic was edited
RE:Belonging

When i frequented Playalinda beach on a sometimes daily basis. I would arrive by sunrise usually. Sometimes nobody was there but me. I would sit on the waters edge with the waves gently rolling over me and through my headphones id listen to Peter, Paul and Mary songs watching the sun rise from the horizon. It would bring me an overwhelming calm effect.

This post was edited

When i frequented Playalinda beach on a sometimes daily basis. I would arrive by sunrise usually. Sometimes nobody was there but me. I would sit on the waters edge with the waves gently rolling over me and through my headphones id listen to Peter, Paul and Mary songs watching the sun rise from the horizon. It would bring me an overwhelming calm effect.

Strolling on the waters edge at Apollo gave me the same effect. I was one with nature. MY Church!

This post was edited

When i frequented Playalinda beach on a sometimes daily basis. I would arrive by sunrise usually. Sometimes nobody was there but me. I would sit on the waters edge with the waves gently rolling over me and through my headphones id listen to Peter, Paul and Mary songs watching the sun rise from the horizon. It would bring me an overwhelming calm effect.Strolling on the waters edge at Apollo gave me the same effect. I was one with nature. MY Church!

Must be something in that Florida water.

I was at Playalinda Beach for the first time last week. I've been to several nude beaches before, but something happened that never happened to me before. I was so immersed in the experience, having such a good time, that I started getting the feeling of being intoxicated. And no, no one near me was smoking anything.

This post was edited

On the nude raft trips down the Colorado River through Grand Canyon that Ive taken Ive noticed the same thing. Its sort of a spiritual thing, isnt it! I think that for some of us there is a psychological aspect of nudism. It doesnt just physically feel good to free yourself from the restraints of your garments, it affects your mental state. It brightens your outlook, and liberates your spirit, almost like a drug, I think.

This post was edited

I believe that this feeling of belonging is our right all the time. Nudism teaches us this connection by removing layers of crud between us as batteries and the universal connection points. It feels like physical energy, but nudity or clothes aren't required. It's a state of mind. We can naked bundled up on a beautiful winter day in the middle of a city if we do in our mind. Being naked home alone is easy. Being naked out with others is more challenging. But the real stretch is learning to be naked in our mind, bold and ballsy but secure in our sense of self, and it's all good.

This post was edited