Introducing a non nudist to nudism

I'm still new at being a nudist and was wondering the best approach to introduce people to nudism. Especially a new girlfriend.

This topic was edited
RE:Introducing a non nudist to nudism

Have you been to a resort or beach, or found a private place to get some sun? Don't keep it a secret - if the conversation turns to activities and interests, just include those experiences among the rest. No big deal, you are only talking about yourself, not lobbying the other person to join. Talk about activities and interests, not identity. "I was at X beach on Sunday; it's great because I don't have to wear a suit there. I love to skinny dip." Not "I am a Nudist. I went to a Nudist beach." If you haven't gone, DO. Take a buddy, if you can.

The internet is a tough neighborhood, and may not be the best recruiting tool for female nudists. Assuming, for the moment, that a new in-real-life friend will see the site and see your profile: Post a face pic. It's much more important than a nude pic, which is entirely optional. Consider your friends list - are your friends evident nudists of the kind you'd hope to introduce a real-life friend to? Or are they on here being what they think of as sexy?

I understand Hasbeens' point about sexual preference, for that reason. But since you've ticked the "dating" box, it's a reasonable courtesy to acknowledge a sexual preference, if you have one. (I check the preference box because I'm married, and if I don't check it, people will feel misled.) Fact is, though, you are vastly more likely to meet a woman in real life, where there are as many women as men, or on a dating site, than you are on here, where the number of actual women is quite small.

This post was edited

I'm still new at being a nudist and was wondering the best approach to introduce people to nudism. Especially a new girlfriend.

Nudism starts at home. In any relationship, open and honest communication is the key for it to be successful. Most women that are not or have not been educated in what nudism truly is about, will almost always equate nudity with sex. In a newbies eyes and thoughts, they only reason you want to get naked is to have sex. It imperative that you educate your girlfriend on the wholesomeness of nudism, it's philosophies and benefits and the way it makes one feel to allow your entire skin to breathe.

If your girlfriend is not comfortable with being nude at home, that's where you start. Begin with sleeping nude, then when she's comfortable with that, try suggesting remaining nude after a bath or shower and sit and watch TV, a movie, read together or just sit and talk. Next would be to suggest meals together in the nude in the kitchen or in front of the TV. Help with chores around the house and do them naked together. Each time a normal everyday situation is experienced while nude, she will become more and more comfortable with nudity at home in normal situations and realize that nudity and nudism isn't always about sex but is about living freely.

First and foremost, sit her down and open the lines of communication with her about your desire to live naked and your reasons for doing so. I've always asked my wife to try something before denouncing it's validity or benefits. I've been lucky that my wife took to nudism right from the beginning of our life together. Be aware that women suffer from body image issues that most men do not. It's not as easy for them to be naked all the time. If your girlfriend decides to do it sometimes and not other times, be thankful for what you get and allow her to take her nudism to the level of her comfort.

Good luck to you!

This post was edited

I'm 100 percent with Andy on this.

It starts with communication. When your non-nudist partner just "shuts down" the conversation at the mere mention of nudism; it's hard to go any further. The ability to freely talk about nudism with your partner is essential.

There were two ways I would get the conversation started. The first was by "walking the talk" and being naked at home as much as possible. That would invariably lead to questions about my "nudist proclivities." I could then expound on the benefits of nude living and my personal philosophy of clothesfreedom.
Another thing I would do was leave nudist paraphernalia (books, mags, brochures) laying around the house. Invariably my partner would pick one up; and I would ask her to share her thoughts. We could then discuss her perception of nudism; and I could clear up any misconceptions or hang-ups about their idea of social nudity.

Some non-nudists "get it" right away. Others take a long (or very long) adjustment period based on their body-image or upbringing. Patience is the key here. It took months before my first wife got used to me being consistently naked around her. It took many more months before she started joining me. That "transition" was the result of small steps being taken; such as encouraging her to stay naked (even if just for a little while) after showering of between clothes changing. And then progressively extending that time. Her hang-up was being openly naked due to her negative body-image. And the only way to "override" that was to get her to feel comfortable and safe naked; which happened with consistent encouragement and making non-sexual nudity fun (naked movie-watching was one method I used).
With my current wife (who does not have poor body-image but rather had a negative view of nudists), it was more discussion-based; with lots of philosophical talks about the "nudity and nature connection." It seemed to go "nowhere" until one unexpected conversation about nudist resorts resonated with her; and led to her renewed curiosity about the nudist resort culture. And a trip to the nudist resort.

Maybe you won't need to be patient if you're lucky. But if you do, patience and persistence are also key along with communication and home-nudity.

At any rate, best of luck!

This post was edited

You can start with laying out in the sun on a private deck or nude hot tubbing if you have one accessible. If they are not willing to do it in private it will be a harder task. Or, you can start with a conversation that includes nudity. I use a true story about the neighbors that sold everything and started driving their 5th wheel all over then a few years later when they came back they said their winter address is a nudist resort in TX. You can usually tell by their reaction if they would consider it. This story means you don't have to say if you have or personal interests.

This post was edited