Non Nudist Friends

I am probably like a lot of other TN having a lot of friends that are not openly into Nudism but know of my way of life. But I find myself still covering up when they drop in to visit, like it is something wrong. Like I am ashamed of what I am doing or am I just trying to protect their dignity.

This topic was edited
RE:Non Nudist Friends

I was working in a house other than home a few weeks ago and had shed all of my clothes because it was uncomfortably hot working in there. A friend who has caught me nude on a number of occasions stopped by and I immediately turned to put something on. It was a brief thought and I elected to stay nude during the time he was there. The visit was short, but would have been even if I had been clothed. I guess that I would have put something on had I known that the stay would have been a longer one.

This post was edited

I would not think of it as embarrassment, but respect for the feelings snd opinions of others.

This post was edited

I think that there is something to be said for being respectful of others and having manners; it's my house and I guess I could stay naked if someone were to come into it as a guest, but I'd like to think that I am more cognizant of others' feelings than having to be a "militant" nudist and insisting on staying naked,,,

This post was edited

I cover up if I don't know in advance who may be knocking. I try to be respectful as to not put people in an awkward situation. But if they're friends who know me and my disdain for clothes, I'm glad to be naked. People can be strange. Once a woman friend asked me to put on a t-shirt in my own place, which made me realize how different our values were so I let that friendship get pitched with my clothes. I've also been in isolated outdoor situations with other men I don't know very. If I'm working or doing something that's better without clothes, I'll just complain about them like they're a hat or something and just strip, not caring much what they think, and get dressed again later just as casually. The good thing is most men don't care, and if they do they don't show it. I'm more considerate around women.

This post was edited

I'm sure you get lots of "education!" I have answered my door nude but usually am behind the door. If it is a friend who I want to tell I'm a nudist but don't want to tell them, I will allow one side of me be seen. My genitals are way behind the door so not exposing myself. But they can figure it out themselves that I might be nude.

This post was edited

Later my neighbor dropped over to tell me that the female in question was dropping a parcel off to him after me with this story of this old nude guy next door and that she was going to notify the police. Cheers Steve

These days in the UK she would have been told firmly not to wast police time.

This post was edited

Later my neighbor dropped over to tell me that the female in question was dropping a parcel off to him after me with this story of this old nude guy next door and that she was going to notify the police. Cheers SteveThese days in the UK she would have been told firmly not to wast police time.

Very true on two counts: (1) she was on private property; and (2) it is not illegal to be naked in public in the UK - us nudists have rights too.

This post was edited

We actually have alot of friends that love our comfort, it was pretty neat to find out how many people are actually all for it. Now alot of them don't join in of course, most of them don't, time and place for the few that do but still, it's all love, support and fun.
We do feel though it's easier to navigate when you're a couple running around naked.

This post was edited

I think you not a shame to be nude in front of your friends. Your friends are ashame of their own nudity so they become a shame of your nudity. Must people say you should dress out of respect for your friends. I believe I should be able to be nude in my own place and I think my friends should respect my nudity when they visited me. I know I would respect a friend who like living nude in their home. I let them stay nude.

This post was edited