Reducing Clothing Supply

I always feel a sense of freedom when I am able to get rid of some clothing and not replace it, thereby reducing my total clothing supply.
While I do have a lot of clothing for someone who likes to be nude when possible, I only have about half as much as I did when I was working.
My closet is only about half full even though I have moved my lightweight outerwear from the entry closet to my own.
I have emptied two drawers in my dresser and still no longer need to keep any out of season clothe elsewhere.
Especially rewarding was when I completely eliminated two Categories of clothing, sleepwear about 30 years ago and underwear about 2.
Does anyone else feel the same way when they reduce their clothing supply?

This topic was edited
RE:Reducing Clothing Supply

come over and purge my closet please. i will reward you with a hot tub soak too.

This post was edited

When I came across Minimalist I realised I had far too many clothes for a nudist. So I purged my wardrobe down to about a tenth of what it was, choosing garments by chance. I picked a category - say summer shirts - and laid them out on my bed in positions #2 to#12. Then I threw two dice to see which one to trash. As that garment was removed another was taken from the wardrobe to take its place. This continued until there were only 6 left. Then I chose three out of the final six. This was done for winter shirts and T shirts. I had totally eliminated all my underwear and PJs. Trousers were reduced to just three in total, suits to 2 (one is a DJ) and shorts to 4 (2 tan-through and 2 with pockets). I did retain my holiday wear - mini kilts, tiny wraps (half see through), toga cloths and other skimpy or daring items. Some of that goes by the way as I cut bits off them of add daring splits and tears.

I started a new group called Nudists Wardrobe to discuss the skimpy things we wear when we can't be naked.

This post was edited

When I came across Minimalist I realised I had far too many clothes for a nudist. So I purged my wardrobe down to about a tenth of what it was, choosing garments by chance. I picked a category - say summer shirts - and laid them out on my bed in positions #2 to#12. Then I threw two dice to see which one to trash. As that garment was removed another was taken from the wardrobe to take its place. This continued until there were only 6 left. Then I chose three out of the final six. This was done for winter shirts and T shirts. I had totally eliminated all my underwear and PJs. Trousers were reduced to just three in total, suits to 2 (one is a DJ) and shorts to 4 (2 tan-through and 2 with pockets). I did retain my holiday wear - mini kilts, tiny wraps (half see through), toga cloths and other skimpy or daring items. Some of that goes by the way as I cut bits off them of add daring splits and tears.I started a new group called Nudists Wardrobe to discuss the skimpy things we wear when we can't be naked.

Even though I inspired you to reduce your wardrobe, I have slightly more shorts and trousers and quite a few more shirts than you do at this time. I am comfortable for now with my level of shorts and trousers, but will work on getting rid of some shirts in the spring, It is easier to get rid of clothing in warm weather.
By the way, do you have any swimwear?

This post was edited

I'm with you Andy. Since retirement my shirt of choice is a Tee, shorts for summer and jeans for the cooler months or when shorts are not appropriate. I do have a pair of Dockers and a dress shirt I bought for a wedding and because I hate going to weddings they get worn every five years or so. Although the possibility of never again is there too.

This post was edited

What gives me relief is getting stuff off when I go out to work and it's warm enough to shed it all. Especially noticeable after it's been cold and I've had to wear too much bulk to keep warm. Otherwise I do dirty work a lot and so end up wearing stuff till it's worthless to anyone, then use it for grease rags in the shop. Every once in awhile I have to go hunt for some fresh clothing to start over on the good end, as my better ones start getting old and gravitate to the dirty work. But that's mostly a winter thing. Spring through fall I don't wear much to get dirty. Nothing when possible, just shorts when something is needed and a shirt sometimes.

This post was edited

When I came across Minimalist I realised I had far too many clothes for a nudist. So I purged my wardrobe down to about a tenth of what it was, choosing garments by chance. I picked a category - say summer shirts - and laid them out on my bed in positions #2 to#12. Then I threw two dice to see which one to trash. As that garment was removed another was taken from the wardrobe to take its place. This continued until there were only 6 left. Then I chose three out of the final six. This was done for winter shirts and T shirts. I had totally eliminated all my underwear and PJs. Trousers were reduced to just three in total, suits to 2 (one is a DJ) and shorts to 4 (2 tan-through and 2 with pockets). I did retain my holiday wear - mini kilts, tiny wraps (half see through), toga cloths and other skimpy or daring items. Some of that goes by the way as I cut bits off them of add daring splits and tears.I started a new group called Nudists Wardrobe to discuss the skimpy things we wear when we can't be naked.
You must have had a very large clothing collection at one time.
I know you have mentioned elsewhere that you got rid of all of your business clothes when you retired, and have commented that you have done things like strip and put all of the clothes you were wearing in a donation bin.
Do you have a rough idea of how much you had before you started getting rid of some?

This post was edited

Unlike Ollie I have found that although I stripped my wardrobe of all the business clothing it has gradually filled to overflowing again in spite of all the days I spend totally naked.
The reason for this is that from time to time I acquire something new for a particular textile occasion but as neither it nor the existing clothes are worn very often they never wear out.

This post was edited

For those who asked - I have no idea how many clothes I had before the cull. They filled 4 large wardrobes. And I have no swimwear, no nightwear and no underwear.

Oddly I do have quite a collection of short kilts, wraps and toga cloths, mostly chosen to be revealing and used when I'm obliged to cover up on holiday.

This post was edited

For those who asked - I have no idea how many clothes I had before the cull. They filled 4 large wardrobes. And I have no swimwear, no nightwear and no underwear.Oddly I do have quite a collection of short kilts, wraps and toga cloths, mostly chosen to be revealing and used when I'm obliged to cover up on holiday.

Had you substantially increased your supply of casual clothes after you retired and got rid of your business wardrobe?

This post was edited