Certified

What is 'certified' and who gets certified and how? What difference does it make?
Also why does it say 'textile' under my name? I don't like that term and don't consider myself to be one.

This topic was edited
RE: Certified

What is 'certified' and who gets certified and how? What difference does it make?Also why does it say 'textile' under my name? I don't like that term and don't consider myself to be one.

Hi Sommerserttom, Welcome to the site. I will answer your questions in the order you posed them.
Certificationis a process of proving your identity; unfortunately on here and other nudist sites some folks hide behind fake profiles in order to stalk people. Certification is totally free and is a way of proving your identity to other folks, it is free of charge. To become certified you need to provide 2 photos: 1 should be fully clothed and the other naked. Details are here:
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=8257&post=84772
As for the term textile, it refers to how many posts you have made to the forum, each of us started off as a textile, and as you make more posts you lose more clothes.
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=8257&post=84772

This post was edited

Somerserttom, Welcome to this great community. I don't think any of us here think ourselves to be textile, but in time and good communication, that stigma has been lifted. The more you contribute to the forums, the less clothing you will retain.

This post was edited

Welcome to a great site with lots of friendly and helpful people. Here are the meanings of the status shown under your user name:
000 Posts = Textile
011 Posts = barefoot.
051 Posts = topless
101 Posts = Undies Only
251 Posts = Butt Naked
501 Posts = Super Nudist
1001 Posts = Super Nudist Level #2
2001 Posts = Super Nudist Level #3
3001 Posts = Super Nudist Level #4
4001 Posts = Super Nudist Level #5
5001 Posts = Ultra Super Nudist Level #1
6001 Posts = Ultra Super Nudist Level #2
If you look under your screen name you will see your current status.

This post was edited

Welcome to TN, enjoy the site and there are a lot of great folks in here!

This post was edited
What is 'certified'?

Thanks folks for explaining that and the textile meaning to me, I look forward to 'getting naked'
Tom

This post was edited

Seems TN now treats us all as textiles regardless of contribution
Agee. The term is offensive to any true nudist

This post was edited

I suspect the point of it may have something to do with encouraging people to post more and encourage use of the forums, to get rid of the "textile" tag and 'progress' to something better. Can't say I appreciate it either really, but many forums have ways of indicating how active a user is, and obviously someone thought it would be amusing to do it that way.

This post was edited
RE:Certified

Just get certified so people know you are real. That simple. Otherwise you could have like I still see some gorgeous woman photos yet you are a dude. That is misleading and TN should try to boot people for that. If its your wife then say so clearly.

This post was edited

Thank you for clarifying that. I also was confused about the terms.

This post was edited