Joked with the nursing staff

Yesterday I had a replacement battery installed for my nearly 6 year old pacemaker. The prep nurse shaved my chest from belly north and arm pit to armpit i think i lost a dozen hairs.
The doc came in for a pre procedure talk and mentioned in passing that due to the nature of my condition he might have to install a temp pacemaker while he replaced the old one. He said it was a remote chance but still wanted me to know. The main difference he mentioned would be how soon after the procedure I would be released 4 hours instead of 1.if he had to use the extra
When they wheeled me into the operating room they proceeded to sterilize my entire chest area and get the other equipment around. My guess 5 people in the room. The male nurse mentioned that he would prep me for the chance of the temporary pacemaker. I was not sure what he meant, but then i figured it out. He pulled up my hospital gown and began to shave my groin area. he did use a towel to partially cover me while working on each side. I told him I was not modest. I did notice that the others in the room were all looking away while he shaved.
Just after he got done a nurse came in and said " definitely not going to use the temporary pacemaker" So my pubes were lost in vain. I had told the staff about my upcoming trip and did joke with them that i would have a new look at the nude beach my friends and I plan to visit while in Australia. The one nurse made a comment about hoping the bodies would be in better shape than the ones she saw while in Jamaica.
They supposedly gave me something to relax me, but I did not feel any different and carried on a conversation that made sense with the doc while he did the work. When he checked on me post op I told him " i hope i did not bore you" He assured me that my travel talk was fun. He liked my style.

This topic was edited
RE:Joked with the nursing staff

Great story.
I went in for my first colonoscopy a few years ago and hadn't thought about it but it was late July and just before they
gave me the anesthesia the doc noticed my tan and lack of lines and asked if I had gone on vacation. I said "No, just a
very private backyard". He said, "That works!". :-)

This post was edited

Great story.I went in for my first colonoscopy a few years ago and hadn't thought about it but it was late July and just before theygave me the anesthesia the doc noticed my tan and lack of lines and asked if I had gone on vacation. I said "No, just avery private backyard". He said, "That works!". :-)

Im lucky enough to get one every year. I go in March or April, though, so no tan yet.

This post was edited

My annual colonoscopy is coming up next month, sometimes the VA staff can be a little stuffy but this year I'm going to take up some fake wine and chocolates. If asked I'm going to tell them it's for the after the show party. We'll see how they react.

This post was edited

That's cute.

I have only had one procedure like that, and I chose to be awake. They denied my request just as the procedure began and knocked me out (against my will). However, as we began, I informed the doctor and the assistant that I was a nudist and I didn't care about being covered, so do whatever made it easier for them. Then, boom, I was out. Retaliation??? Anyway, at one point, I woke slightly and remember being completely nude with the staff around me while they were working on me. I joked "Wow, this place is a dump!" and next thing I know, I was out again. No sense of humor at all!! When I awoke in post-op, I had layers of clothing on me. When I saw the doctor as he came to check on me, still groggy, I said "good one" and we laughed.

This post was edited

when they put the pacemaker in back in April 2013 they gave me far more stuff to make me loopy Of course then they were running wires down to my heart to take the pulse to it. I did chatter throughout the procedure and do remember being quite exposed and not caring. When the doc came in to check on me the next day he asked " what is this about a flea market?" I remember asking him why he built a flea market on my chest. The pacemaker company rep came in and said i had the whole room in stitches with that line.

But i think my bro-in-law takes the cake with his line at a Taco Bell drive thru , with my sis driving, he yelled from the passenger seat while still loopy from some treatment. " I want a case of dildos " My sis just wanted to drive off but instead went to the window to find the entire staff doubled over laughing from his remark.

This post was edited