rehab center

I had a stroke a couple of years ago and while in rehab center nurses would watch me take a shower, They said it was in case I fell and hurt myself, I always looked forward to shower time,

This topic was edited
RE:rehab center

This reminds me of when I was in the intensive care ward after a major operation.
I was stark naked because of the number of tubes and monitoring devices attached to me. In addition to this, the epidural which I had for pain relief resulted in my having absolutely no control over my bowels with the result that the very attractive nurses had to regularly clean me up.
I felt rather embarrassed about this regular task until it occurred to me that in red light districts men would pay hundreds for such a service and I was getting it on the National Health Service (UK equivalent of Medicare).

This post was edited

That reminds me of when I was in intensive care in Spain. I had drowned myself in a pool where nudity was obligatory. After passing out under the water the next thing I remember is them beating me back into life (they call it resuscitation). I was surrounded by about 6 paramedics who then loaded me into a helicopter for the short flight to a nearby hospital. The one paramedic who spoke English reassuringly said 50:50 to me and I thought that was better odds than five minutes earlier. On arrival I was wheeled through room after room as they did various tests on me. Then into a lift and into ITU. All this time I remained completely naked.

That was good as I had monitoring wires and drips attached to every conceivable part. Finally a nurse showed me a long rubber tube and said she was going to insert it in my. Thereupon she took my penis and inserted the catheter. I later learnt that a drowned patient can relapse with the lungs filling with water. Part of the treatment was dehydration and with all those pipes and wires there was no way I could go to the toilet. So that catheter was a blessing. Add the breathing machine and I was well anchored down. I remained like that and completely naked throughout my stay (maybe a week) in ICU. Indeed my clothes and phone arrived several days later.

As a nudist I didn't mind being naked with all the staff and some students examining me. I also enjoyed the bed baths.

No doubt you guessed I made a recovery. The time came when I had to move on to the medical ward. Unlike ICU none of the staff spoke English and I don't speak Spanish. I also had to put on a hospital gown - the sort that is open down the back. That still required me to show all as I lifted it for the daily injection in my stomach. And I still had a drip attached. Then I was told to take a shower and change the gown. The shower was OK. I slipped the gown off except for the arm with the drip in it. I just kept that arm, the drip and the gown outside the shower. The problem was changing the gown. There was no way I could get the drip bag and stand through the arm hole. So I wandered out into the ward - clean gown in one hand and pushing the drip stand with the other - naked and with the dirty gown dragging on the floor. I stood there trying to explain for several minutes before the nurse realised the problem and disconnected the drip so I could change.

This post was edited

Had a similar time with the gown. One night was a restless one and in my tossing and turning the only part of the gown that was on me was on the arm with the IV. The nurse came into the room to check on me, found me naked, and just remarked, "oh, Well."

This post was edited

Years ago I had to have a fusion done in my neck they took a bone from my hip and put it in my neck when I was in the hospital the nurses had to check the stiches every shift in the beginning they would just pull the sheet down far enough to check but leave me covered but after the 2ed day they just pulled the sheets back and exposed everything

This post was edited