Home laser hair removal

I was wondering, does anyone have experience with the at home laser removal products? If so how well did they work. I am considering getting one and I don't want to invest the $$ in one if it is not worth it. Any recommendations of at home laser removal devices would be greatly appreciated as well.

This topic was edited
RE:Home laser hair removal

I've used the TRIA laser removal system, and have had quite noticeable effects. I have, however, been rather inconsistent with the treatments, so not as good as it could have been. One of the issues is skin tone. Since I tend to maintain a bit of tan until late into winter, my treatment months tend to be Late Jan - Early April. Once the tan starts to set in, no treatments.
If you go with an IPL system, you can have darker skin tones (and fairer hair), but results will take longer.

Looking at your profile photos, you may have to dark of a skin tone to use a laser system.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I tried two home laser treatments. One was just a laser, aimed carefully and methodically at all parts of my body and following the rules It was difficult but worked after a fashion. Then I tried the NoNo hair removal. It combines singing with laser and is much easier to use. Again it worked after a fashion.

Then I discovered that the treatment does not work (or work well) on blond, gray or red hair or with heavily tanned skin. So I was left with a lot of gray hair and a tan

This post was edited

Looking for a home removal system myself. Any other suggestions?

This post was edited

I was thinking of doing this myself but I'm afraid that it might be risky and dangerous.

This post was edited