RE:See naked or be naked

I can completely see where everyone is coming from here.There DEFINATELY seem to be a huge number of people on this site who are just here to see your bits, and to some degree, i feel this is a normal impulse. Who isn't curious about other peoples bodies, it just becomes an issue when that's your main reason for being a nudist, or if you explore that curiosity with other people in a disrespectful way.My first experience at a nudist retreat was actually pretty negative because ALL of the other men there started making increasingly aggressive sexual passes at us. Both of us were new to social nudism, we were keeping to ourselves, and made a point to be off on our own. Men started doing things like blocking doorways we were trying to walk through while stroking their erections.My boyfriend and I went to the nudist retreat to lay in the sun and feel breezes against our skin, not be harassed. It was so unbelievably crappy, I dont think I will ever go back. I felt guilty for subjecting my boyfriend to that experience because it was my idea to go there in the first place.Now dont get me wrong, I'm not a prude. I have fun with my sexuality, and I dont feel bad or apologize for having a TrueSwingers page alongside my TrueNudist page. Sex is not bad, what is bad is inflicting yourself on others. I would never ever want to make another person feel threatened or harassed, the idea of that is repulsive. I've been to bathhouses and everything, and in that context, being approached by a stranger is appropriate, but not in a nudist setting. Not when your leering at people groping your erection staring them in the eye.Its not respectful. Your not giving the other person a choice in the matter. And its absolutely NOT nudism.On the other hand, in an ideal world, everybody could go to a nudist venue and go there to see naked people, be naked, and be seen naked by others. Being naked and having all your stuff on display is pretty vulnerable, and practicing vulnerability is a positive experience. Being able to psychologically condition yourself to not be afraid to be vulnerable is very important and healthy.If your a male, its really easy to see if your at a nudist venue with less than pure intentions, which is why I think there is such a stigma against erections.I havnt done much social nudism, but its really hard to want to get into it when there are so many other people who just want sex, and lead with that.

woofsa,
So well said here. I had an equally bad and eerily similar first experience. I now refer to the guys you described as "the vultures" and warn any fit or young new comer that they will likely encounter this and to take a protective wingman (though that didn't seem to help in your case). I made the mistake of going alone. Never again.

This post was edited

Very well said Woofsa. Sorry you had such a negative experience. The mgmt at that resort have obviously tolerated lewd behavior for a while and done nothing about it. If you choose to visit another resort(s), my suggestion is to message group members from this site in advance to see what they've experienced, so you can narrow down your list of suitable resorts.

This post was edited

I can completely see where everyone is coming from here.There DEFINATELY seem to be a huge number of people on this site who are just here to see your bits, and to some degree, i feel this is a normal impulse. Who isn't curious about other peoples bodies, it just becomes an issue when that's your main reason for being a nudist, or if you explore that curiosity with other people in a disrespectful way.My first experience at a nudist retreat was actually pretty negative because ALL of the other men there started making increasingly aggressive sexual passes at us. Both of us were new to social nudism, we were keeping to ourselves, and made a point to be off on our own. Men started doing things like blocking doorways we were trying to walk through while stroking their erections.

Can you share the name of the venue. Unfortunately there have recently been a few places that have cropped that say they are naturist or nudist but are really just fronts for "lifestyle" ie swinger activities.

I believe there is a huge difference between the two practices. Unfortunately as we North Americans tend to do with just about everything because of our sexual history we attach sexuality to nudism. The history of nudism in its modern form from Europe was all about over all physical health and social wellness.

I dont think kind of behavior you described would never be ignored at a genuine AANR or TNS sanctioned venue if it was observed or reported. It that reason I always recommend that first timers try to visit that kind of a venue.

Did you share your experience with the management or anyone in the front office?

This post was edited

I go to BE naked. I do not understand the CO places. I just do not get it. IF YOU CAN BE NAKED, BE NAKED.

This post was edited

NickyBigC....

For the rest of us: Go Away Troll...

This post was edited

Answer to Post #31
always-naked-man
Topless

NickyBigC....For the rest of us: Go Away Troll...

What makes you think you can speak "For the rest of us"? I'll bet many of the "rest of us" agree with NicktBigC!

This post was edited

It's important to me to be naked in nature. I go because I want to be among people who share that impulse or at least find it acceptable. (Even if they are clothed, they have chosen to be there.)

Clothed, I fall into body image issues. I go to be among people from whom I don't have to hide my body, and those issues dissolve.

So I go to be naked, and to be accepted for who I am and in that sense to be seen. I am happy for others to wear what they like; I don't go specifically to see them naked.

This post was edited

It's important to me to be naked in nature. I go because I want to be among people who share that impulse or at least find it acceptable. (Even if they are clothed, they have chosen to be there.).

Thank you for sharing such a helpful reasoned response expressing your motivation for being socially clothes free.

This post was edited

I'm a nudist because it is kind of cathartic for me. I just want to get away and enjoy some time in nature. I leave my phone behind, with that my life, job, and stresses are left behind as well. The social aspect is not the primary focus for me. I'm not looking to see or be seen by people. I'm more so looking for a break and some time to relax.

This post was edited

yes so true what times we live in now ! my phone went dead for just two hours today and people were out looking for me like something happened

This post was edited