Best Nude or C/O Beach for First Time Beach Goers

I live in the upper Midwest in the middle of flat farm country. Which is to say, that's a long, LONG ways away from any nude beaches. One item on my bucket list is to spend some time at a nude or clothing optional beach (clothing optional would offer the best chance for me to get my wife to go).

What are some suggested beaches in the US to go to for one's first time?

This topic was edited
RE:Best Nude or C/O Beach for First Time Beach Goers

Haulover Beach Miami FL is nice. Clean sand and they take pretty good care of it.

This post was edited

Haulover Beach Miami FL is nice. Clean sand and they take pretty good care of it.

And food trucks set up in the back of the C/O section of the beach, so you don't have to get dressed to go find something to eat or drink.

This post was edited

It's also the most easily accessible beach.

This post was edited

I would not rule out some of the best C/O resorts down here in Florida. I live about 30 minutes from Cypress Cove, and they have a lot to offer, including a beach on their lake. Mind you, got to watch out for the gators, but hey, this IS Florida.

This post was edited

We have been to Haulover, Apollo and Playalinda, all on the east coast of Florida and we like them all. Haulover has a huge parking lot right next to it, which is a plus. It doesn't have any lavatories along the beach, which some women find objectionable. Apollo and Playalinda are on the Cape Canaveral National Seashore Park. Parking can be a problem if there are big crowds. The nicest part about Apollo is that when we have been there it hasn't been crowded. If your wife is somewhat shy about trying this, a small crowd makes it easier to adjust. My wife preferred the small crowds on beaches because she felt self-conscious being nude in public.

This post was edited

I know this isn't an every day trip but my wife and I went to Kauai and visited Kauapea Beach (aka Secret Beach). The trip down to the beach was not easy and it was a long walk to the 3rd beach at the east end of the huge beach but so worth it. Great beach to try it for he first time and amazingly beautiful. VERY secluded as there were only 3-4 other people / couples there (on 1/4 mile area), all of which were naked. We had NEVER been naked on a beach before so my wife was very hesitant. However because it was so secluded, it didn't take her long to strip down to nothing. We even took a long walk naked in the surf and even saw a monk seal hanging out. Ended up going a second time that trip and talk about it all the time!

This post was edited