Euthanasia at 70, will it stem the population increase?

If your religious and believe your going to a better place it shouldn't be an issue, myself being an atheist and fellow atheists therefore should not be subject to it as we believe there is nothing thereafter so need to cling to life as long as possible!

This topic was edited
RE: Euthanasia at 70, will it stem the population increase?

I think there are better ways to curb the population growth.

Such as, mandatory completely reversible sterilization, having to pass a "Parental Aptitude Test", and instating a limit of 2 children per couple.

Pretty much, stop breeding early, stop breeding if you're too poor, and stop having eight babies.

This post was edited

I was referring to a perfect world of course lol. I already know that none of that would fly here in the US. I'll just keep on dreaming.

This post was edited

Sorry, don't know what the hell happened with the formatting!

This post was edited

Re the title of this thread. If serious I would have been euthanised three years ago and therefore be unable to reply to the post. I have contributed to this world in many ways and at my present age I will not be adding any further individuals to the population increase. How therefore do you think euthanasia will solve this problem?

This post was edited

great point jack, it was posted a little tongue in cheek, playing devils advocate, i'm glad your still around! however, for someone to believe that because they can get the worlds population into idaho there isn't a problem is somewhat naive and ignorant, wouldn't you agree? I wonder what our levels of natural resources will be like in 100yrs, or indeed the polution levels?

This post was edited

All the above have made strong, sensible points. In the US, there is no one in government that would vote for some of the sensible ideas because they want to be RE-ELECTED. That said, anyone over 70 would fight to stay alive. Anyone under 70 would bedespondentabout a mandatory shut 0ff age.

This post was edited

Do you think that if the chatroom moderators paid more attention to the world population than to your wagging your willy on cam, this "problem" wouldn't exist?
You're out of your depth, kid. Go here for a site that's more at your level.

The rantings of an elderly man who is obviously nearly 70, tries to act above everyone else and wonders why hes sat in a small room on his own wondering if black is the onlycolorthat slims down hisflaccidbody, alas abuse is all he has left poor soul, well that and his dictionary and encyclopedia and the local libraries reference section, so he can look clever in the forums with his "quotes". You see, he doesn't go in the chat room because hes above that....please don't abuse him, simply thank him for his contribution and wish him a happy evening with his books and cocoa...thanks for your comments nudeinma, but please refrain from the sarcasm and abuse (surprising someone so articulate has to resort to it, have you had your bedtime tablets yet?), or simply go into someone else's post and leave this to nice people with friends.

This post was edited

Welfare? It's the desperately poor countries which have the highest rates of reproduction. Rasing standards of living lowers population growth. Yes, there's a fair argument that many welfare programs don't succeed in doing that, but social welfare programs in general DO help control population.
70? Isn't that a little late, since very few folks over 70 are having children and the reduction of years-of-life-cluttering-up-the-planet is lower, the older the reducee?? Knocking off one 25 or 30-year old would have the population impact of ten or a dozen elders, and they'd make better organ donors, too. I seem to recall that there's a standing suggestion to begin with the Irish.

This post was edited

Well it would appear that VIX has managed to create another contentious thread. His obvious contempt for NIM who has contributed many serious and timely conversations to this forum and who has gained a great deal of respect from other posters seems to be what drives him. Perhaps instead of starting threads which are bound to result in controversy of a negative rather than informative and constructive conversation he should give the respect he obviously believes is due to him. This is not to say that we must all agree or that differences of opinion are bad but they can be discussed in a reasonable manner and perhaps the original question could be phrased in a non-provocative manner leading to a useful discussion. As to NIM there have been times when he and I have disagreed on a particular subject but we have been able to discuss it rationally and have never resorted to namecalling or racking up the intensity of our disagreement.

This post was edited

If your religious and believe your going to a better place it shouldn't be an issue, myself being an atheist and fellow atheists therefore should not be subject to it as we believe there is nothing thereafter so need to cling to life as long as possible!

Now you did it. You woke the mighty NIM. Now we have to put with quote after quote again and again. Oh well he'll drift off again soon

This post was edited