RE:The Kinsey Scale

I am a 3 .

This post was edited

I noticed as I read through this thread that there were many people who listed numbers clearly on the bisexual spectrum, but in their profiles list "Straight" as their orientation.

I would encourage people here who are on the bisexual spectrum to be proud of who they are, know that "bisexual" is just a general descriptor and not a detailed account of your sexuality. I know straight people have more privilege in society (it is a thing, look it up), but knowing you are bisexual and professing "straight" to get that straight privilege is very damaging to people who live their truth. Live your truth, if you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with?

Side note, the original Kinsey scale is 0 to 6, so there are 7 numbers and 3 would be right in the middle. 0 and 1 are generally considered "heterosexual", 2, 3, 4 "bisexual", then 5 and 6 are "homosexual". That is generally what it is, some 1s and 5s think of themselves as bisexual (it is a general descriptor lets not split hairs). The original scale listed X as asexual. I see people took different online tests here and sometimes the numbering varies slightly.

Wikipedia has a good definition of bisexuality. "Bisexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction, or sexual behavior toward both males and females, or to more than one sex or gender." So...

---A man who is faithful to his wife and has attraction to both sexes, still bisexual (sexual or romantic attraction).
---Guys who call themselves G0Y and enjoy kissing other men, mutual masturbation, and male blowjobs, yup, not straight you are bisexual (sexual behavior).
--- A man who is "bicurious" for many years because he just likes receiving blowjobs and not giving. Curiosity was a long time ago for you, you are bisexual. (sexual behavior)

Embrace your truth!

This post was edited

Did three different tests got 1, 2 and 3??
Would believe the 3 .

This post was edited

I got a 5. I guess all those years of being married lowered my score.

This post was edited

I got a 5 on one test and a 6 on another. The 5 is a surprise. Haha

This post was edited

Mine comes up as 3 and that's not at all a surprise

This post was edited

I thought I would score 3, but I'm a 2 !

This post was edited

BBArizona, great post. I have never touched another man in a sexual manner but certainly thought about it. Never picked out a particular man, just thought about the idea.

This post was edited

Kinsey Scale 2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual.

This post was edited

I'm strictly gay here, been that way all my life - so no need 4 a test for me !

This post was edited