RE: So! ... do we like the FB

I've unliked it. Thanks for the headsup

This post was edited

For Firefox users, there's a plugin called NoScript that prevents sites from running Javascript routines on a webpage. If one has no use whatever for Facebook, click on the NoScript icon on the lower right and block facebook.net. The link to it vanishes, the end. If desired, google-analytics.com can also be blocked. Those who are curious about it (it appears all over the Web) can learn about it here.

I'm getting really pissed off with it being slow and jittery, it's started crashing it as well now.

I guess there wouldn't be anything like that NIM, that I can do with 98 on this old box?

This post was edited

Thanks for taking the time NIM. I don't think space should be a problem.
I upgraded the hard drive a few years back (ok, a lot of years back) to 20 GB and split it.
Now showing 3.25 used, 5.53 free.
I already Delete Cookies and Files. (about every half hour! :)
I just did the clean up and gained 2.3 MB.
As for defragging, do that and scandisk, every time it crashes, (part of my repair ritual) once or twice a week lol.

God that sounds impressive, but don't get me wrong, that, is the FULL extent of my IT knowledge :)

Thanks anyway, worth putting up here, it might well help others.

This post was edited

A question: what make and model is the box? One thing that can be done to speed up a machine is to increase the RAM. Given the low price of memory, it's a cheap upgrade. To tell how much RAM is in it, right-click My Computer and click Properties. The amount of RAM will be listed on the bottom of the information.

It's an ADM, (I think? label's faded :) It was put together years back by a local chap,
so it's probably has all sorts of bits in it. I increased the ram with the HD to 184.0 MB.

I know it's still small by today's standards, but I don't do a lot on it,
though recently I would like to be able to get on utube and such :(

This post was edited
RE: So! ... do we like the FB "likes" ???

Thanks for taking the time NIM. I don't think space should be a problem.

Sounds like an exorcism is in order. Does your computer look like this when it crashes?

OOooooooooo YUCK! ...... Toooooo much INFORMATION! ... I'm eating!

Answer, ........ No, but I probably do!

wish I could type as fast as you!

This post was edited

Thanks NIM for the link, I just installed the addblocker add-on for Firefox and the pages load stupid fast now. It cuts out all the useless crap websites DL to your computer every time you load a page, most of it scripts to send your personal info to advertisers so they can target you for adds and dumping cookies ( little spys) on you system. I recommend this to anyone using Firefox, it's well worth the 2 minutes it takes to install it.to get it go here:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Thanks for that I used to have it installed on my laptop before, but lost it when it crashed and forgot all about it.

This post was edited

No way! If one wants to keep their nudiest life styles private, they should never link up with Face Book. Face Book will take yourinformation from various sources and lump it together. All of your textile friends, co-workers, employers, religious associates and others will soon become aware of yournudist life style. It is technically possible to keep things separate on FB but if you make one mistake,you're outed!

This post was edited

Technology is leaving us behind, good brother.

Oh! ..... How I know that feeling! :(

Thanks for your time NudeIn, I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that it's not worth trying to upgrade it anymore.

I'll just have to start looking in the skips (Opps! aka Dumpsters)
more thoroughly.

This post was edited

Technology is leaving us behind, good brother.

Oh! ..... How I know that feeling! :(

Thanks for your time NudeIn, I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that it's not worth trying to upgrade it anymore.

I'll just have to start looking in the skips (Opps! aka Dumpsters)
more thoroughly.

You might want to check out e-bay also, there are a lot of off lease computers cheap. Because most companies change units every 2 or 3 years most are in good shape and fairly up to date. I picked up a couple IBMs for a quarter of the retail price and they're still working great.
Thanks

This post was edited
FB "Likes"

I'ts easier if you can't be bothered writing a comment!

This post was edited