Northeastern IL/ Southeastern Wisconsin Nude Hiking Swimming holes

Hey all, Im new to the site, hope to meet some like minded folks. I love being in nature - hiking and finding secret swimming areas.

Ive enjoyed finding a private point of entry for a quick dip in many rivers and small lakes (and of purse Lake Michigan is wonderful.

Hiking is a little more challenging - can anyone share a good hiking or swimming location in the Northeast Illinois Southeast Wisconsin region? Of course in these parts, you have to embrace the cold - which can be really quite invigorating, though you have to be safe.

Happy trails,

jack

This topic was edited
RE:Northeastern IL/ Southeastern Wisconsin Nude Hiking Swimming holes

I've actually been exploring some public land that is not frequently used in summer by other types of hobbyists. Send me a message and I can give you a location or 2.
Just FYI, I have yet to actually get nude time at most of these places, I d plan on taking the wife this spring/summer, but no promises of privacy or legality.

This post was edited

I've actually been exploring some public land that is not frequently used in summer by other types of hobbyists. Send me a message and I can give you a location or 2.

It would be great if you would consider posting these locations. As a single dad, I respect aversion to single males to not send you a private message for more info. In my experience there are few places without dogs and walkers particularly on weekends when I have free time.

This post was edited

I've actually been exploring some public land that is not frequently used in summer by other types of hobbyists. Send me a message and I can give you a location or 2.Just FYI, I have yet to actually get nude time at most of these places, I d plan on taking the wife this spring/summer, but no promises of privacy or legality.

We'd like to know your thoughts also. Maybe a small group event would be a way to be safer for us amongst the textile world.

This post was edited

So areas I've looked at are hunting land, so other than when the seasons are open they're fairly quiet. Kishwaukee river state natural area, Kirkland illinois. Park at the bridge and walk in during the summer. It's a huge area of trees and corn with no other activity but limited water access.
Apple river canyon state park - couple miles from the lake there's huge areas. This place is open to various hunting year-round, but week days is quiet except occasional conservation workers. Its a long walk through the area so plenty of space to get away.
Hope it helps some of you. Just be cautious and perhaps in time we can partition for our own area.

This post was edited

Wouldn't it be great if all public preserves were clothing optional. Naturists/Nudists seem to be the only group left being discriminated against

This post was edited

Yes. Yes, it would.

This post was edited

There was a TN group for Illinois Beach State Park, but it seems to have disappeared. The park is located by the actual Wisconsin-Illinois border. About a half a mile south of the park's resort hotel at the park's southern boundary is a place called Dead Creek where nudists / swimwear minimalists congregate. However, it's patrolled. There's a marked boundary (do not enter) on the other side. Per Google maps, it's the Illinois Beach Nature Preserve and doesn't appears to be a big empty space without any public access/parking. Quite a bit south of that is the NRG Waukegan Generating Station and then the Waukegan Municipal Beach. West of the nature preserve and Highway 137 is Lyons Woods Forest Preserve where there appears to be public parking. Perhaps that would be a good spot to start and bushwack/swim? the way to the beach. I understand that the point may be to leave it as an ecosystem untouched by humans, but now my curiosity is strong.

This post was edited