Hacking

Just so everyone knows. I have been receiving emails in my spam folder stating that someone hacked into my account here and they even gave me my password to this site.
I have no photo posted here but they say they can also look at what I'm doing through my camera lens and microphone....
And want me to send $2,000 to some Bitcoin account.

This topic was edited
RE:Hacking

That is a common scare tactic that is used to scare people into paying them money. Too many people use the same ID/password on multiple sites. I get those emails a couple times a week for an old Yahoo ID that I changed the Password on years ago. That I'd and password were compromised in the Yahoo breach and was never used on a site that had nudity. Chances are that you haven't been compromised, but it exposes s huge risk you have from using the same ID on multiple sites. If you use the same one for banking they could really screw your life.

This post was edited

It really means this site has security issues! Time to give up?

This site has multiple security issues, but actual account hacking is a new one to me. Change your password again and make sure it is something not easily guessed. Use a password generator and vault.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

The warning by the OP is a phishing scam where they get a password or part of one that was obtained via a hack on a router that happened some time ago and they dont always even match up with the site or computer that are warning about. They also say they have access and they usually, if ever, do not. I got one of these emails but the password they had had not been used for a couple years and not even for this site.

Part of these scams is getting a little bit of info and making it sound like they have a lot more So youll pay.

It always a good idea to use different passwords on all your accounts and to change them periodically.

This post was edited