RE: Groups - Why was my new Group removed by the Moderators?

You can't delete a group. All you can do is orphan it. As to why, groups that focus on the genitalia (e.g., the status of the foreskin) are generally deleted. That of course would include groups where they are part of the focus. As for smoothies, there are two groups already with "smooth" in the title, and probably others that are related to it.
"groups that focus on the genitalia (e.g., the status of the foreskin) are generally deleted."This can't be true as there are already established Truenudist groups that are both for and against circumcision - eg "Circumcised Naturists" and "Uncut nudists with retracted foreskins".
I remain puzzled - especially as I have a successful group similarly named (Smooth and Circumcised Nudists) happily existing on Nudistspace.org !

This post was edited

If you join a group, the option on the link to that group on your profile, is "Quit." If you create a group, the option on the link to that (your) group on your profile, is "Close." (delete)If your profile is deleted, without you first closing your group, it is then orphaned. If you have created moderators, they can continue to approve new members after you have left the group or deleted you profile. If not, and the group is set to approve new members, no new members can join and be approved. Existing members can continue to use the group forum.
Thank you for all this, but I am afraid none of it applies: 1) I still am a member (as you can see!) and so no orphaning has taken place and 2) I had a "close" link against my fledgling group, but never clicked it.

This post was edited

You can't delete a group. All you can do is orphan it. As to why, groups that focus on the genitalia (e.g., the status of the foreskin) are generally deleted. That of course would include groups where they are part of the focus. As for smoothies, there are two groups already with "smooth" in the title, and probably others that are related to it.
"groups that focus on the genitalia (e.g., the status of the foreskin) are generally deleted."This can't be true as there are already established Truenudist groups that are both for and against circumcision - eg "Circumcised Naturists" and "Uncut nudists with retracted foreskins".
I remain puzzled - especially as I have a successful group similarly named (Smooth and Circumcised Nudists) happily existing on Nudistspace.org !

Many nudists feel (myself included) that anything that attracts attention to genetalia is likely to give the wrong impression to the novice/textile reader, and should they not bother to investigate nudism thoroughly, will no doubt be left with the wrong impression.

In an ideal world, (where nudity was totally accepted as the norm) we would be able to discuss anything openly, but given the misconceptions and objections faced by nudists everywhere, in their efforts to gain permission to practise their chosen lifestyle at designated beaches and venues, I feel it is prudent to avoid such subjects on a platform that is open to the general public, as it is likely to be counter productive to the movement as a whole.

This view is probably taken by the admin here, as this type of group is generally not permitted. Yes some slip though, but if you raise the matter with admin, sighting those already here, it is likely that all you will achieve is to flag up said groups, and they may be removed also.

btw, imho, thereIS nothing, that NS won't tolerate!

This post was edited

I remain puzzled - especially as I have a successful group similarly named (Smooth and Circumcised Nudists) happily existing on Nudistspace.org !Many nudists feel (myself included) that anything that attracts attention to genetalia is likely to give the wrong impression to the novice/textile reader, and should they not bother to investigate nudism thoroughly, will no doubt be left with the wrong impression.

In an ideal world, (where nudity was totally accepted as the norm) we would be able to discuss anything openly, but given the misconceptions and objections faced by nudists everywhere, in their efforts to gain permission to practise their chosen lifestyle at designated beaches and venues, I feel it is prudent to avoid such subjects on a platform that is open to the general public, as it is likely to be counter productive to the movement as a whole.

This view is probably taken by the admin here, as this type of group is generally not permitted. Yes some slip though, but if you raise the matter with admin, sighting those already here, it is likely that all you will achieve is to flag up said groups, and they may be removed also.

Phil, you hit the nail on the head.

This post was edited

Many nudists feel (myself included) that anything that attracts attention to genetalia is likely to give the wrong impression to the novice/textile reader, and should they not bother to investigate nudism thoroughly, will no doubt be left with the wrong impression.

But there are literally hundreds of groups here that fall into your category. Why should mine be singled out? In any case surely that is what Groups are all about: A collection of like-minded individuals. Nudists always say they should tolerate but here is clearly an example of discrimination.

This post was edited

TT1 relies on members to flag inappropriate groups. If some of them get by under the radar and scroll off the latest-groups list, they will survive (usually in a comatose state) until they are flagged.
So what is deemed "inappropriate" on Truenudists? Here in the UK many naturists prefer to be smooth - hardly an inappropriate activity. In the US most nudist males are circumcised - hardly an inappropriate activity. So why are the two together considered "inappropriate" and by whom?

This post was edited
RE: Groups - Why was my new Group removed by the Owner?

For the record, two days ago (at the suggestion made by snugglebunny above) I emailed support@truenudists.com
to ask for an explanation. No reply has yet been forthcoming.

To sum up: I feel that more initial guidance should be given to members wishing to start new Groups so that deletion can be avoided by obeying the Owner's rules (whatever they may be). In particular, should the Owner of Truenudists decide to delete a Group, he should notify the Creator of the Group beforehand to explain why. A reasonable time to amend the Group to comply should then be offered before total deletion takes place.

This post was edited

To sum up: I feel that more initial guidance should be given to members wishing to start new Groups so that deletion can be avoided by obeying the Owner's rules (whatever they may be).
Total agreement, but two years of this site suggests that isn't going to happen, and by not happening inadvertantly promotes the problem, complaints, misunderstanding, and conflict.
I'm sure the unintended consequence is a much higher work load for the owner as well.

This post was edited

smooth nudist 01/06/201113SMOOTH LOOK IS THE BEST12/25/201070smoothie's with no tan lines01/06/2010463Here are the current groups listed as smooth. How about just joining them?

I have - but none cater for "Smooth and Circumcised Naturists" as mine did.
Note "Smooth Nudist" was only started one day ago. Will it be deleted after two days, as mine was through "duplication"?

This post was edited

Does it really matter? None of them are even active. All this talk about smoothies makes me wanna go to Jamba Juice and have one
Yes they are active!
Smoothies were smooth naturists in the UK decades before you named the drinks in the US!!

This post was edited