Bullentin

If a bullentin goes out to everyone on one's list of friends, and there is no response, is that a good reason to figure they cannot read?
do believe already know the answer, but will lv post for a bit before start cleaning process.

This topic was edited
RE: Bullentin

Bulletins only go on the left of the "my account page"
I dont often look there, so perhaps that's the reason you're getting no response from your friends too!
(they may go somethere else I am not aware of too)

This post was edited

A bulletin is a one-way communication to all of your friends, but your friends only.
They may, or may not respond, since it's more of a general info broadcast.

This post was edited

As far as I know, you cannot respond to bulletins. I suppose you can if you leave the original broadcaster a message titled whatever the bulletin was titled, but yeah, there's no sure-fire way to know whether or not your bullentin was read or not :/

This post was edited

It should be said, though, that some people actually use the bulletin function as a "message" function.

Sometimes I'll get abulletin that goes somethinglike, "Yeah, I've been there. Just relax and everything will be fine." I know who's been there because his or her username is indicated. but I don't where thisperson has "been" when he or she says "I've been there." And what should the unidentified original poster relax about? What exactly will be fine? Darned if I know!

Unless there is reason to believe the original post was meant to be private or confidential (in which case it shouldn'tbe a bulletin), it would be nice if the URL of the original post was included so we can understand the discussion.

Otherwise, why not send the message privately?

This post was edited

The simple answer Gerry, is that most people don't know how a bulletin works.
There are no instructions. It is obvious from many bulletins, that many think
it goes to all the site members, and they do not realise that it is only visible
to their own friends.

This post was edited