2020 Book Bucket List

I knows is not close to 2020, so it gives you time.

I propose everyone post a list of what they want to read for 2020 and what format (digital, paper, audio) and then at the end of 2020....see who accomplished there list...but the rules are that you must post before 2020 and all reading done nude :)

Ill post mine as I gather my thoughts within a couple of weeks.

This topic was edited
RE:2020 Book Bucket List

Great idea. I could just take a pic if my to be read shelves which total about 12ft long. Meaning I would not have to buy another book for several years. But we all know that I will find more gems to read in used book stores that draw me in. Seriously I will make a list of a few" must reads" for next year. As for reading them nude. I will as much as possible but they do frown on nudity on long distance flights.

This post was edited

I have recently joined a book club that meets the last Tuesday of the month, except for December so that will be eleven books I will be reading although I only know January and February's books at the moment. "Lost Roses" by Martha Hall Kelly and "The Lager Queen of Minnesota" by Ryan Stradel. I generally read at least a book a week so to make a list in advance would be difficult for me.

This post was edited

I always have a stack of books I want to read and always finding new ones in stores and online. I get it will be difficult to make the list so early. I just know the time flies for the rest of the year starting this month so I need to make my list now or Ill be late ;)

This post was edited

Although I've got a lot of books on my to-be-read shelves, I know I'll also keep buying books (mainly e-books), and so the list will keep changing. I tend to look through what I've got waiting and pick whatever looks interesting after I finish a book. I often alternate fiction and non-fiction, or switch genres (mystery followed by fantasy followed by history followed by science fiction, and so on) which makes it pretty much impossible to predict what I'll read over a given period of time.

This post was edited

I have recently joined a book club that meets the last Tuesday of the month, except for December so that will be eleven books I will be reading although I only know January and February's books at the moment. "Lost Roses" by Martha Hall Kelly and "The Lager Queen of Minnesota" by Ryan Stradel. I generally read at least a book a week so to make a list in advance would be difficult for me.

Already this is not accurate as The Lager Queen of Minnesota was changed to November to replace a book that is no longer in print. So I have no idea what books will be planned for 2020 at this point other than January. I do find that since I have read the book a month in advance that it takes we a while to remember the details. Probably because I have read several other books in between. Not sure that I am the ideal book-club member as it seems many only read the one book a month.

This post was edited

I have a few in mind, although libraries tend to send me off on tangents.

I love Barbara Kingsolver, so I will track down the one book of hers that I am aware of but haven't read: The Milagro Beanfield War.

I have read the whole Bible a few times, but not the "apocryphal" books. So those are on my list.

I have read the Popol Vuh, but not the Chilam Balam, so that is on my list.

Other than that, I am sure my local library system will lead me to new discoveries I wouldn't have thought to list.

This post was edited

I love Barbara Kingsolver, so I will track down the one book of hers that I am aware of but haven't read: The Milagro Beanfield War.

You seem to be a bit confused. "The Milagro Beanfield War" is the first volume of the New Mexico Trilogy by John Nichols. They're good (and funny) books, mainly about yuppies moving in to traditional New Mexico communities. Definitely worth reading, but don't have anything to do with Barbara Kingsolver.

This post was edited