How To Be Nude In Nature In A Nudsim-Conservative State?

I'm an avid hiker, and I frequent trails in Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and southern Pennsylvania.

None of these areas tolerates nude hiking.

I'll occasionally be alone on a trail with good all-round visibility, and open my fly, un-button my shirt, and let it all hang out in the sun - until I see hikers in the distance. Then - it takes about 15 seconds to cover up. As nice as it is to have the sun on those parts of the body, it's nothing like the freedom of a true nude hike.

Any suggestions?

This topic was edited
RE:How To Be Nude In Nature In A Nudsim-Conservative State?

carry a towel you can quickly wrap around your waist. Easy on, easy off. And hike on non-holiday weekdays. Avoid weekends and holidays. Hike longer and more remote trails. They will automatically be less crowded than short trails near town.

This post was edited

When I was hiking in North Carolina this summer I carried gym shorts which are easy to slip on. I also had my dogs with me which would have alerted me to any people (or bears) nearby. Of course the trail I was on is not traveled by many hikers since you have to go through our little community to get to it so pretty safe I think. Have only run into others up there twice and once was people renting the cabin across the street from mine.

This post was edited

I've hiked naked many times, sometimes alone, other times with other nudists. I'm fortunate to live in a country where naked hiking is not illegal. But that does not mean it is always accepted. I carry a short kilt which I can wrap round me if I see someone coming. I know a man, David, who was confronted by another man who said he was offended. David simply said " there is no law against you wishing to be offended".

This post was edited