RE:Favorite Breakfast

Not sure why we don't buy baguettes here at home. When we visited the French side of the island of St. Martin/Sint Maarten we always got a baguette and some croissants at the resort store each morning. The French do make some amazing baked goods. It's 5:30 am and I'm now craving coffee and baguette! ;DDD

Not just the French! A freshly baked baguette from the bakery in the morning... Delicious! :-DD

This post was edited

Sadly... we don't have any bakeries close by. We shop for those types of things at the grocery store and it's just not the same. Good, but once you've had a freshly baked baguette... grocery store baguettes just don't compare! ;DDD

This post was edited

Sadly... we don't have any bakeries close by. We shop for those types of things at the grocery store and it's just not the same. Good, but once you've had a freshly baked baguette... grocery store baguettes just don't compare! ;DDD

Have to say, the baguettes (and bread and sandwiches) from the grocery stores here aren't bad. Especially if you buy them early in the morning when they are still fresh and crusty :-))

This post was edited

At home, breakfasts vary a lot in both substance and size (right down to -- yes, I admit it -- nothing at all). But I especially enjoy local variations of breakfasts when vacationing. France: yes, fresh bakery baguettes loaded with cheese and tomato slices. Greece: yogurt and honey and fresh fruit. Mexico: a never-exactly-the-same collage of eggs, refried beans, salsa and bacon, fruit on the side. And maybe once a year, because "when in Rome" (so to speak), an Irish/Ulster fry (although skip the black pudding, please!).

This post was edited