RE:Nudist resort etiquette: does it keep us safe, or does it keep us repressed?

I've also come across a case where a club who had a quota for single men as members expelled one man immediately after his wife died.Now that's REALLY pathetic! Such a lack of compassion in someones time of need!
another Neanderthal naturist policy.
So why is John here, he's single? Because his wife just died and he needs support from his friends! DONE!
Who's going to argue with that!

This post was edited

I had the occasion to talk to a couple gentlemen that across time that became widowed that being told their membership was over from two separate clubs that we have visited. They were welcome to come back and visit but as a couple only. We were new to the social side at the time and I thought ...WOW! Nudony brought some memories back of our early social days about no touching. My wife and I are naturally touchy type people and it was so peculiar to be in a "freedom" scenario and have to guard ourselves from "going over the line" whatever that might be to that club.

Hand holding ? Hand gently on a leg? A hug? Arm around waste? Us being newbies especially didn't want to break any rules or be offensive so as Nudony talked about we went into club mode. It felt so unnatural as all could be. There would be moments I would naturally lay my hand on Luanns leg when we were lounging in the sun at the pool and she would whisper a reminder. I can tell you after a few years of us having to be in the 'natural' but being unnatural for ourselves. I said the hell with it and we started just being us at our club or no where ever we visited. We once had 2 loungers at the pool like all couples. The last several years we have 1 double chase lounger at the pool so we can naturally be as close as we are everyday in the textile world or at home. Management didn't say a peep. Perhaps that we were very involved members and no one complained?

Do you think some of the rules have relaxed in the latter years than some of the stringent rule days in family clubs than lets say 10 years ago?

This post was edited

The last several years we have 1 double chase lounger at the pool so we can naturally be as close as we are everyday in the textile world or at home. Management didn't say a peep. Perhaps that we were very involved members and no one complained?Do you think some of the rules have relaxed in the latter years than some of the stringent rule days in family clubs than lets say 10 years ago?

I think what you've said here Rock is what I've been saying for many years; there are varying sets of rules depending on who you are at a club. I've seen the rules enforced to the letter on visitors, I've seen those same rules become quite lax with frequent visiting members and friends of management and the rules never enforced on residents, long time frequent visitors or those that devote much time to the club during events or functions. I'm not saying that these members that are treated less strictly are doing things that shouldn't be done but an example would be; a visitor takes out his cell phone to answer and make a call and is pounced on by several frequent members but a frequent member pulls out his cell phone and those same people don't say a word! There are plenty of other examples but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. ;D

This post was edited

The last several years we have 1 double chase lounger at the pool so we can naturally be as close as we are everyday in the textile world or at home. Management didn't say a peep. Perhaps that we were very involved members and no one complained?Do you think some of the rules have relaxed in the latter years than some of the stringent rule days in family clubs than lets say 10 years ago?I think what you've said here Rock is what I've been saying for many years; there are varying sets of rules depending on who you are at a club. I've seen the rules enforced to the letter on visitors, I've seen those same rules become quite lax with frequent visiting members and friends of management and the rules never enforced on residents, long time frequent visitors or those that devote much time to the club during events or functions. I'm not saying that these members that are treated less strictly are doing things that shouldn't be done but an example would be; a visitor takes out his cell phone to answer and make a call and is bounced on by several frequent members but a frequent member pulls out his cell phone and those same people don't say a word! There are plenty of other examples but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. ;D

Someone wrote a book in the middle of the last century about some p*** being more equal than other p***. I think it sold a few copies.

This post was edited

All men are created equal but some are more equal than others.

This post was edited

Great message! Having visited over 25 nudist resorts and beaches, I agree with what you are expressing-keep it natural and enjoy the freedom of socializing Nude!

This post was edited

We have been nudists for many years and have visited many clothing optional resorts and beaches and we have never encountered rules about non sexual touching. We personally would not support a place where a couple could not touch one another or a place where they enforced posture etiquette either. We are nudists for freedom and this is not what we want. These rules are more for trying to control exhibitionists.

This post was edited

Is it standard at nudist resorts that cell phones aren't permitted? My wife and I visited a resort on Vancouver Island and, while there were no cellphones, there was a significant amount of radiofrequency radiation. My wife is highly sensitive to wireless radiation that would come off of cellphones and cell towers. It seems , with the growing concern of wireless radiation, there would be more awareness in the naturist community about this and, perhaps, some nudist resorts providing unnatural electromagnetic radiation free recreation opportunities.

This post was edited

Im most familiar with gay nudist campgrounds. There casual touching is normal and there are areas where open sex is acceptable. Folks know what is ok in a given area and mostly respect that. As akways its important to have consent to touch a stranger.

This post was edited