My resume for being in a wine group

What vast knowledge do I posses about wine? None not a single thing! Only that Luann enjoys it and I am the designated driver. Tour guide when we go into Michigan Wine Country. We have visited a lot of winery's over the years. I do a little tasting with her just to predict if she will like a particular one. This weekend I am taking Luann and her friend to a Winery I did the mechanical construction in. I never fare well when it's two women sipping wine getting giddish and I'm in the cross hair. Ironically (or not) I find myself a co-mod in a group that I no nothing about the subject matter. That's a story for Andy to tell :D

This topic was edited
RE:My resume for being in a wine group

What vast knowledge do I posses about wine? None not a single thing! Only that Luann enjoys it and I am the designated driver. Tour guide when we go into Michigan Wine Country. We have visited a lot of winery's over the years. I do a little tasting with her just to predict if she will like a particular one. This weekend I am taking Luann and her friend to a Winery I did the mechanical construction in. I never fare well when it's two women sipping wine getting giddish and I'm in the cross hair. Ironically (or not) I find myself a co-mod in a group that I no nothing about the subject matter. That's a story for Andy to tell :D

You're a friend and a good Moderator! What else would you need for qualifications!? ;DDDDD

This post was edited

Oddly enough this does does not show up in my groups. Maybe it will in time who knows ?

This post was edited

Lots of tech stuff broken here. I don't think any of it is a priority anymore! ;D

This post was edited

To switch it up and follow the thread topic a little closer, what do all of you think your resume for being in a wine group is or should be?

Let's see if others in the group follow this thread enough for it to start some conversation.

This post was edited

My resume is I know what I like and I like trying new types of wine!

This post was edited

Lol! That is her resume. Mine started out more like Rocks. I did know I preferred dryer wines. But, when it came to wine tasting I would try to understand what she would like. If it was not sweet wine then I would be her guinea pig. I would taste first. If I thought she might like it then she would try it. I too, have gotten pretty good at it. What expanded her palette the most was an Italian restaurant. We ordered the chefs choice 13 course dinner and the wine pairing to go with it. Many of the wines were drier than she would normally drink. Paired with the food she liked it, even though she acknowledged that she would not normally drink it. That is when my job as taste tester got much more interesting.

This post was edited

Well I ended up taking the Girls to the Winery and then along came a couple from our club. They all did a lot of tasting and then they started on bottles. I drove them back to our place and apparently the wine had some magic and our very textile friend ends up naked with us all in the Hot tub. Sometimes you never know!

This post was edited

Ive tried to tell people that it is not just tequila that makes the clothes fall off. Fill us in on how she reacts tomorrow. (Haha). Good that you were the DD. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

This post was edited

Well I ended up taking the Girls to the Winery and then along came a couple from our club. They all did a lot of tasting and then they started on bottles. I drove them back to our place and apparently the wine had some magic and our very textile friend ends up naked with us all in the Hot tub. Sometimes you never know!

hahaha... we have a metal cutout sign that reads... "Wine makes my clothes fall off". A few textile friends have seen it and have directed their comments directly to me saying, "breathing probably makes your clothes fall off!" They are right and they are in denial that it goes equally for Di!

Been a wine drinker since my Navy days. When you're in the military and broke... cheapest drink to buy back then was Red Mountain Wine. We bought it by the gallon and went hiking or to the beach. Even got a few of my closer Navy buds to visit the nude beach with some Red Mountain onboard.

We started out with sweet fruity wines; Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill... We graduated to Beringer White Zin and tried some others that were equally priced. When we moved into our first new home in '78, there were local wineries and we lived in what was known as some small wine country. We began hanging out at these wineries and buying local wines we liked. That was our baptism into wine education and knowledge.

It's now some 40+ years later and we're much more educated but still like what we like. Di goes for wine that's a little sweet but not too sweet. I like Cab's , Zin's, Merlot's, Chianti's, Sangiovese's and some other blends. Summer time I will drink some Pinot Gregio and occasionally a Blush/Rose' but not that often. Our winery makes and bottles a red wine that you drink cold so I'll usually drink that in Summer.

I'm certainly not a wine snob. I've had some really crappy tasting expensive wines and some really good tasting cheap wines. I go for taste and not the price tag. Our wine closet is stocked with about three cases of different wines. We don't save wines and allow them to age over time. We drink um and if someone comes over and wants to open any bottle we have, we open it!

Di drinks her wine with ice. We've had some wine snobs question or denounce the practice but a woman at a local winery once told Di... "honey, you drink wine anyway you want, just as long as you keep drinking wine!!!" Funny thing is, Di is a lightweight when it comes to wine. After her second glass, she's about done. But, she can drink and hold her whiskey! She can almost... ALMOST... drink me under the table with whiskey! ;DDDDD

This post was edited

Ive tried to tell people that it is not just tequila that makes the clothes fall off. Fill us in on how she reacts tomorrow. (Haha). Good that you were the DD. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

She got on the text machine with Luann the next day shocked that she just saw her very good friends Naked! Luann helped her process it out. I called her a couple days ago to check on her. There is a lot she can't remember. 4 of them went through 8 bottles would be the reason for that. I told her she had a great time and which she did, just can't remember a lot of details or the fact she said she would come and stay with us at the club. She is still trying to get her head around Luann was naked in front of her and a guy friend and I was OK with that. I understand why, being textile is the only thing she ever knew and the fact she had a very jealous ex.

This post was edited