favorite pose

What is your favorite yoga pose and why?

This topic was edited
RE:favorite pose

The balance poses were quite fun and challenging at the class I used to go to, but at home my favourite pose is a resting one. You lay on your back with one brick between your shoulder blades, and another brick supporting your head, and extend your arms to either side. I like the way it opens up the chest and you can feel your ribs flex and stretch.

This post was edited

You prolly mean supported fish pose. That is a really nice restorative heart and shoulder opener

This post was edited

Thanks!
I don't know the names of any of poses, I just follow what everyone else is doing. :P

This post was edited

Thats fine good teachers call us the names so students can get to learn them but your descriptions was really good.

This post was edited

Im working a lot on my back bends lately so like wheel and camel pose. Not quite a back bend but reverse hero is fun too.

This post was edited

Reverse hero? Is that the same as reclined hero? Can you post example?

This post was edited

Ah yes. My mistake. Reclined hero. I stand corrected. :)

This post was edited

No need to apologize just curious I there was pose I was missing out!

This post was edited

I like balance poses like tree and warrior 3 the best because working on balance at my age is important (preventing falls) and I find it satisfying that I can hold them. Up-the-wall is good too. But I value all that the teacher throws at us, even the poses I struggle with, it's all good.

This post was edited

I think you have a good attitude and approach to your yoga practice. Thanks for sharing

This post was edited