Robes

Seems that many nudists like to wear robes when they have to cover.
I have always found them cumbersome.
Too much coverage above the waist and while they cover well when standing you have to be careful when you sit.
When I started sleeping nude, I kept one set of winter PJ's so that I would have something to keep me warm if I didn't want to be fully dressed.
For those of you who do like robes, why do you?

This topic was edited
RE:Robes

I keep 2 robes. One is upstairs for when all my clothes are in the wash and I can't go downstairs naked. The other is hidden behind a door for when I'm naked and get an unexpected caller. They are warm and comfortable.

This post was edited

I keep a robe near the door that I can put on when answering the door. If the person is one of my nudist friends, then I answer the door nude.

This post was edited

I have a fleece robe for winter at home. I put it on when I am cold, slide if off when Im not. About the only thing I wear around the house. Robe when its cold, nuthin when its warm. I slip on a pair of running shorts if I need to cover for the delivery or whatever. Robe replaces them in winter. Pretty simple, really , just the way I like it!

This post was edited

I keep 2 robes. One is upstairs for when all my clothes are in the wash and I can't go downstairs naked. The other is hidden behind a door for when I'm naked and get an unexpected caller. They are warm and comfortable.

Understand robe for laundry day since you clothing supply is small and may all be in the wash at once?
Why not a kilt for unexpected callers? Covers what society expects, easy to put on, no unneeded coverage.

This post was edited

I keep a robe near the door that I can put on when answering the door. If the person is one of my nudist friends, then I answer the door nude.

Why not shorts?

This post was edited

I keep a robe near the door that I can put on when answering the door. If the person is one of my nudist friends, then I answer the door nude.Why not shorts?

I use minimalist jogging shorts in the summer.

This post was edited

I have a warm robe for winter and a short terry cloth wrap for summer. I use them when I dont have time to slip anything else on or for when I need coverage for just a few minutes. Works well for me.

This post was edited

I have a warm robe for winter and a short terry cloth wrap for summer. I use them when I dont have time to slip anything else on or for when I need coverage for just a few minutes. Works well for me.

I sometimes use the towel I am sitting on under the save circumstances.

This post was edited

Robes are just plain practical for keeping warm on those not so warm days. A fleece robe for warmer weather & a heavy terry cloth robe for wintertime. The beauty is that you can still feel pretty much like you are nude while wearing one!

This post was edited

If you were asking me I had a piece of bone taken out of my hip and put in my neck they stiches were about 8 inches and right wear your pants short sit it would rub my stitches and would not heal correctly

This post was edited