what is a bromance to you?

I guess bromance is subjective. For me, it doesnt need to.be sexual but I think it involves at least some level of physical intimacy. Personally, I cant have a bromance with just anyone. I have to feel emotionally and physically connected. Bromance is deeper than that and I cany go that level if the chemistry isnt there. Is that being shallow?

This topic was edited
RE:what is a bromance to you?

Not at all being shallow
Couldnt agree more, connections, almost chemistry, on many levels is essential

This post was edited

"bromance" is a combination of the words "bro" (i.e.; close male friends) and "romance" (i.e.; loving attachment).It's strength and maturity to acknowledge that you're comfortable with your sexuality to have "feelings" for other men regardless of your sexual orientation.

Spot on; it takes a level of inner strength, security within your own sexual identity and maturity to be able to openly admit to finding beauty in the male figure let alone to be open to developing a close relationship with another man that could be called a bro~mance.

This post was edited

Agreed that's not shallow at all. You have to be able to connect emotionally and on some level physically. If you just connect emotionally they are a friend or just physically you just enjoy them. For the bromance to happen you have to be comfortable to see them in all states of dress. i personally would like a bromance that I could hug naked and it not be weird or cuddle me when I need it or him when he needs it. That is something I have wanted for a long time and sadly the one person who I did find with, his wife wasn't comfortable with it.

This post was edited

I have a brother I get along very well with. Yet I have developed friendships comparable to our brotherhood. As guys & bromances go, some sexual favors aren't out of the question...we're guys after all. I have a different "what is bromance to me". I want what women have had for many years - the natural act of touching, cuddling, massaging, hugging...and even sleeping together - without it necessarily being sexual. I envy the way girls can enjoy these things and aren't necessarily gay either. I can dream, right?
I guess it's how you blend FWB's, cuddle buddies, massages, camaraderie, etc.

This post was edited

I have a brother I get along very well with. Yet I have developed friendships comparable to our brotherhood. As guys & bromances go, some sexual favors aren't out of the question...we're guys after all. I have a different "what is bromance to me". I want what women have had for many years - the natural act of touching, cuddling, massaging, hugging...and even sleeping together - without it necessarily being sexual. I envy the way girls can enjoy these things and aren't necessarily gay either. I can dream, right?I guess it's how you blend FWB's, cuddle buddies, massages, camaraderie, etc.

Great! Thanks to share!!!

This post was edited

I guess your right it is subjective. I guess considering the word romance is in Bromance so it would imply some sexuality or feelings.

But the way I heard the word bromance used in real life is just to describe just guys being friends. I guess they say it to try and shame male friendships is a way.

This post was edited

There has to be a very close connection.
Feeling of complete safety.
Both of you being vulnerable with each other.
Freedom to be who you really are.

Physical contact should be completely acceptable. Hugging while nude without concern for what touches what.
Sleep in the same bed together.
Shower or take a bath together.
Talk about anything you want to talk about.
Share your fears and anxieties without judgment.

And none of this conflicts with your separate M/F relationships -- if you have those.

This post was edited

Dear all people!!

Im glad to read all your opinions, because I found some nice friends that we can live naked together with or without intimacy (I means, touch and sleep together, for exemple), and for the "latin american people" from Brazil, in the past, it was "censored", but now, step by step, we are more confortable to be open and live a natural way of life!! Happy happy happy to read all of you here!!! Hugs, naked, of course!!! Amauri from Sao Paulo!

This post was edited