RE:Cruise ship balconies

If a neighbor looks around the partition and then complains, we will complain that they are looking around the partition. We don't do it while in port.That makes sense. However sometimes people look not beause thay are trying so hard to see you naked but because is literally imposible to avoid it. I meant, Once I was in Kho Samuy in Thailand and right outside our bungalow's balcony we could see an old perverted guys who was on purpose naked when my female friends wanted to smoke. because of the distance of the baconies and the location of both balconies there was no way to not look that gross escene. So in that case I can understand why people might complain.
But cruise ships have high, full width dividers that you would have to lean around to see someone on another balcony so it is a different situation.

This post was edited

But cruise ships have high, full width dividers that you would have to lean around to see someone on another balcony so it is a different situation.

You do have to be careful. We did a Boston - Bermuda cruise in September on the RCCLSerenadeof the Seas and they had the full size divider but there was a shorter divider the last 3 feet or so to the railing (we had an extended balcony). So if you stood at the railing right next to another cabin, you could see pretty far into the balcony.

This post was edited

Another option to be on the safe side, is to join next time to a nudist cruise ship. cruisebare.com have three cruise ships per year. However, I think the packages are way overpriced, but if you can afford it, you can be nude not only on the balcony but all over the boat as well.We do both and the cost is the same for us since we get a balcony on textile cruises and an inside cabin for nude cruises. We don't need the balcony on the nude cruise since we do take advantage of being able to go nude throughout the ship. Just got back from a week-long nude cruise (10 days if you count the travel days and the 2 days at Lake Como) yesterday and doing the laundry... all three sets of t-shirts, shorts, socks and underwear.As far as going naked on the balcony on a textile cruise... why do you think we get the balcony in the first place? We stay far enough back that you can't look down from cabins above and usually head out at night and maybe a morning or afternoon on a sea day if the sun is on our side of the ship. If a neighbor looks around the partition and then complains, we will complain that they are looking around the partition. We don't do it while in port.

Did you have to dress for meals for health reasons?

This post was edited

I have heard that some places consider bare butts a contamination risk since they are at essentially the same level as the food in a buffet.

This post was edited

Extra day at sea because the waves have been too rough to dock. Nude on the balcony as I type this.

This post was edited

Another option to be on the safe side, is to join next time to a nudist cruise ship. cruisebare.com have three cruise ships per year. However, I think the packages are way overpriced, but if you can afford it, you can be nude not only on the balcony but all over the boat as well.We do both and the cost is the same for us since we get a balcony on textile cruises and an inside cabin for nude cruises. We don't need the balcony on the nude cruise since we do take advantage of being able to go nude throughout the ship. Just got back from a week-long nude cruise (10 days if you count the travel days and the 2 days at Lake Como) yesterday and doing the laundry... all three sets of t-shirts, shorts, socks and underwear.As far as going naked on the balcony on a textile cruise... why do you think we get the balcony in the first place? We stay far enough back that you can't look down from cabins above and usually head out at night and maybe a morning or afternoon on a sea day if the sun is on our side of the ship. If a neighbor looks around the partition and then complains, we will complain that they are looking around the partition. We don't do it while in port.Did you have to dress for meals for health reasons?

No, we did not have to dress for meals when at the buffet or the food areas near the pool. Bare Necessities did ask that you consider covering up while in the food line at the buffet, but I just made sure not to have anything that would lean into the food. Turning sideways before reaching the tongs into the food area made sure of that.

This post was edited

I went naked on the balcony of my room on a clothed cruise I went on a few years ago. The room was located on the back of the boat so no one could see me unless they leaned over the rail. Ive found over the years though that if you pay any attention to people on balconys regardless if its on a crude ship or a regular textile resort you will see people going naked. Ive frequently seen people walking out naked and hanging up their bathing suits to dry, people reading naked on their balcony or just relaxing and having a drink. I think as long as your not drawing extra attention to yourself you will be ok

This post was edited

Nude on the balcony again. Can hear people talking on the next balcony which feels a little strange.

This post was edited

We never spent the extra money for a balcony since we didn't spend much time in the room. Some ships will have a topless deck at the upper deck. When we visited the topless deck sunbathers had taken the loungers and stacked them around one end so they could be nude, and nobody seamed to mind. One of the ships crew did walk through about once an hour. So find out if your ship will have a topless deck.

This post was edited

We never spent the extra money for a balcony since we didn't spend much time in the room. Some ships will have a topless deck at the upper deck. When we visited the topless deck sunbathers had taken the loungers and stacked them around one end so they could be nude, and nobody seamed to mind. One of the ships crew did walk through about once an hour. So find out if your ship will have a topless deck.

We spent some time behind those stacked lounges on our second cruise. It was on Royal Caribbean. It's was cooler up on the European Deck and topless was allowed. I asked a crew member that was up there if there was a place we could be naked and he said, "over there behind those stacked lounges." We went over and there was two other mature couples there. I asked if we could join them and they said, "the more the merrier! We might take over this whole deck before the days over!!" It didn't happen and we were the only 3 couples up there completely nude. Nice part was that we actually had someone coming up and taking our drink orders! We spent a few hours up there. It's one of the last times my wife actually laid out in the sun and sunbaked. She began having some skin cancer issues and that was it for her and sunbaking. She's become more of a Shade Baker! ;D

This post was edited