Cruise ship balconies

Anyone go nude on a private balcony on a non-nude cruise?
I am going on a cruise leaving at then end of the week and have a balcony stateroom and am thinking about it.

This topic was edited
RE:Cruise ship balconies

This question refers to any private property which has a fence: house backyard, basketball field, sun tanning balcony, passenger car, etc... The question is: may I be naked in my own private property or I have to hide my nudity from the general public anywhere, with the exception of official nudist places?
Example: I have a wide flat roof on the third floor of my house and use this flat roof for sun tanning. There is a high building on the other side of the street and the people living there can clearly see my nudity from the windows of their 5-7 floors. May I sun tan naked on my roof?
I understand that there may be various answers to this question and they depend on the situation of each particular country: in Germany and Iran it is different.
I wonder whether anybody among the TN visitors can clarify the situation in Western Europe. Thank you in advance.

This post was edited

This question refers to any private property which has a fence: house backyard, basketball field, sun tanning balcony, passenger car, etc... The question is: may I be naked in my own private property or I have to hide my nudity from the general public anywhere, with the exception of official nudist places?Example: I have a wide flat roof on the third floor of my house and use this flat roof for sun tanning. There is a high building on the other side of the street and the people living there can clearly see my nudity from the windows of their 5-7 floors. May I sun tan naked on my roof?I understand that there may be various answers to this question and they depend on the situation of each particular country: in Germany and Iran it is different.I wonder whether anybody among the TN visitors can clarify the situation in Western Europe. Thank you in advance.

Hi Max,

I believe in our great country of Canada, it all depends on 2 things ... 1) your activities while naked 2) the amount of effort others have to make to see you naked.
Check the FCN Website for greater wisdom.

Happy to join you on your roof!

This post was edited

Please let us know how bold you end up being. I say go for it.

This post was edited

Provided we are at sea and our balcony is not overlooked I have always gone naked on our balcony on cruises. Never had an issue.

This post was edited

We had a junior suite on the Voyager of the Seas, and there was no issue going nude on the balcony. Particularly nice in the tropical weather. The deluxe and superior staterooms with balconies were not quite as private as there were gaps around the barrier between balconies.

This post was edited

Have been on 5 textile cruises and its no issue being nude on your balcony!
However being nude on hotel balconies requires a little care! Once in Victoria on Vancouver Island Canada, a car of girls did a u turn to see me a second time!

This post was edited

I wonder whether anybody among the TN visitors can clarify the situation in Western Europe. Thank you in advance.

In the UK the legal situation is now reasonably clear and is documented at https://www.bn.org.uk/campaigning/policing/ with links to the official police guidance. Be aware that most of the general public will not know the legal situation and a small percentage may be hostile.
In France and Germany you will be reasonable safe and in Spain and the Spanish Islands nudity is only actually illegal in the few places which have managed to pass appropriate local laws. There is of course the same caveat about the prejudices minority.
The Canary Islands (Spanish) are particularly relaxed about nudity and you should have absolutely trouble there provided you don't go flaunting yourself in town centres, etc. - see the pictures below.

This post was edited

We been on several cruises and always sunbathe nude on the balcony, weather permitting, but with wrap available should the Steward knock. Discretion is needed in port particularly if moored close to another ship and if occupants of neighbouring cabins come out and lean over their balcony. Recommend you get as higher deck as possible. Have fun.

Only planning to try it out at sea. Have one of the highest decks. If the steward came in, I would probably just wrap the towel I was sitting on around my waist.

This post was edited

We've been on several cruises and all but one, we've had a balcony stateroom. YES... if others in adjacent staterooms; side or above, lean over or around, they would be able to see you naked. Do you have an expectation of privacy on your "private balcony," free from people leaning over or around barriers to look into other balconies? I would say, Yes you do. We sunbath naked, eat naked, have drinks naked and my wife often reads naked out on our balconies. Luckily, we've not had anyone beside us leaning around the barriers to look. If they did, seeing us naked would be on them and I'd be pissed if they got upset when they were the ones going to greater lengths to peek into someone else's balcony.

I say; scope out your surroundings and go for it. If someone looks and sees you, it's on them, not on you. Your privacy starts at the end of their nose! They advertise the staterooms with "private balcony," private mean private to me!

This post was edited

Hey Andy I totally agree with you.

This post was edited